Help! Car accident! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-25-2012, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Got rear ended while I was sitting at a light this morning.  No physical damage to the car, the other person just mis-judged the distance.  I had the True Fit Premiere and the base for the Snugride 35 in the car (but not the seat itself). 

I can't find the info on whether these both need to be replaced.  Graco says the seat would need to be replaced, but the seat wasn't in the car, only the base was.  Does the base need to be replaced?  Neither customer service number is open until Monday, and if I need to replace these today, I need to get to it, we have plans tomorrow and I need functioning car seats. 

To be on the safe side, I'm assuming yes unless I hear otherwise, but I'd really like to not have to if I don't have to, IYKWIM. 

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 11:51 AM

Yes, both the True Fit and the base of the Snug Ride must be replaced :-)   Glad to hear it was a minor accident :-) 

CPST
Old 08-25-2012, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Maedze for the quick reply.  They have both been replaced.  I couldn't find a TFP locally, so I got a Britax Frontier 85, which we were going to have to get soon anyway.  Going to have to figure out what to get the baby when she outgrows the Snug Ride now, but we've got a few months for that. 

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

User Tag List