Need a convertible that is narrow front to back - Mothering Forums
Family Safety > Need a convertible that is narrow front to back
cristeen's Avatar cristeen 01:55 PM 08-25-2012

Since I just had to trash my TFP because of an accident, now I can get something that actually fits in my car. 

So, when she outgrows the SnugRide 35, what should we be getting that will actually fit front-to-back?  It needs to have a tall shell,my DS is 40 lbs and 40 inches at 35 mos, and was on the last FF strap slot in the TFP. 

The TFP was so big front to back when RF that the front seat was completely unusable. The Snug Ride is a tight squeeze right now, but my DH can still fit in the front seat.  So something that takes up less space than even the Snug Ride would be great, since we'd like to be able to shove the front seat back another inch or two for the sake of his knees.  Oh, and it needs to sit next to a Britax Frontier 85 in what is essentially a 2.5-butt bench seat. 

Suggestions?

Maedze's Avatar Maedze 01:57 PM 08-25-2012

Which car?

cristeen's Avatar cristeen 02:06 PM 08-25-2012

PT Cruiser.  With a DH who is 6'4". 

Maedze's Avatar Maedze 02:43 PM 08-25-2012

LOL, ok.   Not to worry, though, as a general rule (not sacrosanct, but general), convertibles take up less front to back room than rear facing when they are installed at a more upright angle.    

I'd look at a Radian with angle adjuster, a Graco MyRide65, an Evenflo Triumph 65, a Graco Size4Me, or a Maxi-Cosi Pria70.  Any of those can be installed fairly upright, leaving more room up front for the adults there. 

Kaydove's Avatar Kaydove 02:58 PM 08-25-2012
I had the sales assoc. at Babies R Us put the Maxi Cosi in my PT Cruiser and it fit really well in the middle seat! Since it has the Tiny fit system it can be installed more upright because the tiny fit reclines within the seat, which matters more for younger babies. I think by the time we get another seat, my DD may have already outgrown the tiny fit....
I saw the Graco myride and it looked wider than the maxi cosi, it does have two cupholders on either side vs. one for the maxi cosi. I would look up measurements of carseasts. I really like the air protect in the Maxi cosi.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Up