Backless Boosters, any differnce between them - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-06-2012, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I'm looking at getting a backless booster for DD. Having done plenty of car seat research in the past I;m now wondering what I should be looking at in a backless booster. They all look pretty similar, is there a way I shoudl be testing the fit like I did with the car seats.

Im in the UK so recomendations may not be much use, it's more general what do I look for.

DD is 8 and meets the legal height to ride without a booster but I'm not happy with the way the belt fits her in our car. She still fits in her high back one but is starting to to object as most of her friends no longer use boosters. To be honest I'm supprised we've got this far without her objecting, most of her friends were in boosters at preschool when we'd only just turned the seat round.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sounds like you've all ready got an excellent handle on what your daughter needs...good job! thumb.gif   (OMG, that thumb guy looks condescending doesn't he?  Just pretend he doesn't. LOL.)

I can't speak specifically to UK boosters, but in general, backless boosters tend to do a very good job of positioning the belt correctly.  Remember that you must adjust the vehicle head rest to be at LEAST as tall as the tops of your daughter's ears, preferably so that her head is centered in the middle of it.  

Make sure the shoulder belt firmly crosses her chest up to the middle of her shoulder and neither touches her throat or comes off the edge of her shoulder. 

Make sure the lap belt is low on her hips, below her belly, but on her lap, not half way down on her thighs.  

CPST
Old 09-07-2012, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Thanks, I've got the booster this morning so hopefully DD will think it's OK.

It's only really by reading here that I learned about the importance of rear facing. It was completly unheard of here when I had DD 8 years ago. I knew people with 5 month olds forward facingjaw.gif. There were no rear facing seats after 28lb. DD was a little peanut though so we got to 2 years before turing her round. Seats are starting to become available online now but I've never seen on in a shop or in use.

User Tag List