5 point harness carseat/booster for 4 year old... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-17-2012, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I need a reasonably priced 5 point harness booster seat for my 4.5 year old.  He is about 43" and weighs about 34 lbs., so average sized.  Everything looks either really expensive, or a booster that is not a 5 point harness.  Any suggestions?  Something that is a little bit more compact would be great as well.  TIA

Happy Wifey to DH tiphat.gifand loving Momma to DS1 superhero.gif 4yrs and DS2  babyboy.gif 6 months

#2 of 5 Old 09-18-2012, 10:31 AM

Have you looked at the nautilus?

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#3 of 5 Old 09-18-2012, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

I have looked at the nautilus, and was leaning in that direction.  I just wanted to make sure the 5 point harness would last a while - I get confused when it's an option to switch to the lap belt, it obviously doesn't mean that you have to, what is the height and weight limit on the 5 point harness and is this a seat that the latch system still works on even for older children?

Happy Wifey to DH tiphat.gifand loving Momma to DS1 superhero.gif 4yrs and DS2  babyboy.gif 6 months

#4 of 5 Old 09-18-2012, 12:40 PM

subbing...

Pamstillheart.gif Cliffguitar.gif Malachi 5/08 bouncy.gif   Judah 5/10 jog.gif  Eden 8/12 babygirl.gif Asher 8/12 babyboy.gif

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~CS Lewis

#5 of 5 Old 09-23-2012, 10:25 PM

I have super long torso children (torso height is what matters more than overall height :)) and my middle fits into a nauti fine.. My oldest is outgrowing it quickly.. My middle was a 17 in torso at 3yos (40 in overall, 39lbs) and my oldest has a 18 1/2 in torso at 5 1/2 (45 inches overall, 44 lbs).;. My oldest has a frontier, expensive and overkill for most children but the only sit that will fit her as a 5 pt harness and she isn't booster ready yet (she plays with the seat belt/won't leave it in the proper position).

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page