Kiddy Cruiserfix booster - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-29-2012, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

I searched, and can't find any threads on this seat! http://kiddyusa.com/kiddyusa-home.html car-seat.org has a handful of posts but not tons of info. I saw it on display at a local store. I wanted to try it but through a cascade of annoyances that occurred throughout the day, didn't get a chance to. But I got to pick it up and look it over. I was veeery intrigued! Sitting next to the parkway and monterey, it looked narrower at the base and the shape of it and the positioning of the sides, it looks like it would be easier to buckle next to a car seat than most high back boosters. I didn't get a chance to test that theory, however irked.gif. we currently have a nautilus, which is somewhere around the *last* choice anyone would want to squeeze in a 3 across. I got to try a parkway, which was a good bit better at least. But I couldn't get that cruiserfix out of my head so I didn't buy the parkway. I went home to amazon and bought that sucker with next day shipping. I'm clinging to the hope that it will fit next to a rf radian. I'm positive it will fit better than the nautilus. Anyway, after it arrives and we try it out, I'll post my thoughts on it! :) 

ETA: isn't it torture to order something on a saturday night?! UGH! I need to get my hands on that thing! 

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#2 of 5 Old 09-30-2012, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm interested in finding out what you discover! What car do you drive? The only booster I've been able to squeeze in next to my RF Radian in my 2005 Civic is a Parkway SG, and it's an incredibly tight fit (I have to wiggle it into place to puzzle it against the Radian and there's less than an inch left to buckle the seat; thank goodness I don't have to use it very often since the boostered child isn't mine). 

~*~ Full time mom ~*~ Hobby Sheep Farmer ~*~ Child Passenger Safety Technician ~*~ 

#3 of 5 Old 09-30-2012, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Its a Suzuki Aerio. I do think I had more than an inch with the parkway. dd could almost get it by herself when I had her try. 

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#4 of 5 Old 10-02-2012, 02:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please post the width measurement when you can, I hope it is small! I'm having a very hard time fitting 2 boosters plus a marathon.

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
#5 of 5 Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry, I'm a late updater! I haven't measured it yet (there are so many different points to get the width I'm not sure where to start with that!) The side wings look like it would make it incompatible next to a forward facing seat, but are a non-issue next to a rfing seat. It DOES fit better than the nautilus. (Not that that is difficult to accomplish) There's a nice "pocket" that my hand fits in very easily in behind the arm rest, and in front of the arm rest. The buckle is, of course, in the middle of those. So I need to take both hands, one in each little "pocket" to buckle it. And I am losing skin on my left hand. Maybe soon it'll callous and quit being an issue. lol. Ahh, it'll be so nice when we can get a van again! There's not enough room to use LATCH with it. Its a nice seat. Dd likes it. I fantasize about some little gadget that will hold the female side of the buckle in place so I can buckle with one hand. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page