Non-toxic mattress recommendations-help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-07-2012, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We bought my ds the convertible crib that lasts until age 12 with some basic add-ons.  Right now, he transitioned from the toddler bed and we're moving to the full size bed.  Here's the problem, the toddler bed used the same mattress as the crib, which we bought several years ago.  It was an organic mattress around $500-$600.  Now as I'm pricing the full size bed and mattress springs...it's about $1500!  My dh won't pay that much and so now I'm trying to find a cheaper, just as safe bed and I'm needing advice.  Anyone have suggestions...for the next best mattress besides organic?  Or know of a reasonably priced company that sells organic?  Thanks!

#2 of 3 Old 10-07-2012, 11:21 AM

lurk.gif

watching this one - we are in the same boat!  

We want to add a twin alongside our queen, to eventually be DS' bed in his room, but same thing - I'm having a bit of sticker shock...

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

#3 of 3 Old 10-09-2012, 09:02 AM

My family is very frugal. We don't buy much new. When my dd is ready to move out of our bed the best hope I have for getting her non-toxic mattress is to make one. I will probably make a futon type mattress. Maybe not organic but at least without flame retardants. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page