Best Convertible Seat for 2 year old? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-10-2012, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ds just turned 2. He weighs about 30 lbs. I want to keep him RF for as long as he will stand so I need something that is RF but can then FF and I want to be able to keep him in it for a good while...I want him to be comfy too! Right now he is in a Britax Marathon but it expires in 2 months...thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalknmiokijhhbbjiiohytdssz2:6????,, l p. Dv f
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-10-2012, 08:26 AM

I really like my first years true fit. The only thing is that it only RF to 35 lbs. It's a lot cheaper than britax though and very easy to use. It is rated FF to 65 lbs and can go FF after 22lbs. If you're looking to do extended RF, this isn't the seat for you but if money is an issue, it's a very good value - especially if you catch it on sale.
#3 of 5 Old 10-10-2012, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I also like my truefit, but would suggest you look around for a higher rf weight seat. The tf best feature is having a removable headrest for the infant position for people with limited room. That being said, my dd was 30lb at 24m and is only 32lb at almost 3 and will probably rf til 3.5yrs.

I think a radian might be a good option.

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#4 of 5 Old 10-10-2012, 09:45 AM

I heard somewhere that the Graco MySize 70 is on sale for about $155 at Babies R Us today. That's a good long-lasting seat for both RF and FF.

~*~ Full time mom ~*~ Hobby Sheep Farmer ~*~ Child Passenger Safety Technician ~*~ 

#5 of 5 Old 10-10-2012, 01:58 PM

I would not suggest a True Fit as it has only a 35 lb limit.  I would look at the Maxi Cosi Pria70, the Diono Radians and the My SIze 70 (aka the Size 4 Me) . 

CPST

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page