Car seat recommendations for a 10 month old? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-31-2012, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My daughter is 10 months old and needs a new car seat (she is currently in a used Britax that desperately needs to be replaced).  I want one that can be both front and rear facing.  I obviously want one that is highly rated in regard to safety (but isn't that pretty much all of them nowadays??!).

Anyone have any favorites?  I plan to purchase something this weekend.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 09:18 PM

What is your car? Your child's height/weight? Your budget?

A new favorite on the market is the Graco Size4Me 70. It's relatively economical, fits most cars, and fits most kids from birth to kindergarten. 

~*~ Full time mom ~*~ Hobby Sheep Farmer ~*~ Child Passenger Safety Technician ~*~ 

Old 11-01-2012, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the recommendation.  I'm interested in gathering recommendations right now from all the fabulous mamas.  I don't want to limit to price, my vehicle or my child.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

The best seat is the one that fits your car and your child, so it is appropriate to "limit" to the ones that will work best for you.  I would recommend a different seat for a 32# 10mo than I would for a 16# child of the same age, and I would likely recommend a different seat if it was the only seat going in a Yukon XL than I would for a Toyota Yaris with four other passengers.

Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahdancesing View Post

Thank you for the recommendation.  I'm interested in gathering recommendations right now from all the fabulous mamas.  I don't want to limit to price, my vehicle or my child.

A seat that is appropriate for one size of vehicle and child can be unsafe for another.  Recommendations are meaningless if they recommend something that could put your child in harms' way.  We're not just 'mamas', we're child passenger safety technicians who do this professionally, so the information will allow us to make good recommendations instead of, "Oh I just love my Safety Bubble KiddyHuggyBum with SuperStar Ratings!" (even if turns out your kid is too big for it.)

CPST

User Tag List