3 across in an '05 Corolla and '99 Camry - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-19-2012, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I really don't want to have to buy a new car (though we'll be selling and upgrading the '99 eventually) but we'll have a newborn in the summer so we'll have to do 3 across. Not to mention i'd like the seats to also fit in the ILs and sitter's vehicle for any needed school pick ups.

DD-5 rides in a Britax Blvd (goes to 65 lbs and she's at 40lbs) and DD2 is now 2 (33lbs) and also has a Britax Blvd. In the sitter's car they have a Cosco Scerena Booster 5pt harness combo and a Cosco high back booster. The ILs have a Cosco scerena and a Cosco Scerena 5pt/ booster combo.

In the perfect world, I'd only have to get a seat for the baby. A bucket would be nice for quick trips in and out but otherwise I'll sling the baby. My babes usually go from bucket to convertible about 6-8months. Can you point me to any threads or websites that have '05 corollas or '99 camry's with infant seats in addition to 2 FF convertibles?

I know getting new seats is much cheaper vs a car but it's stressing me out. We have 4 sets of seats as sometimes DH drops off girls in the morning and then I pick up, but sometimes sitter picks up while I'm at work. Our schedules are too crazy to be re-installing seats daily.

I have been skimming this site for help: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=33226 but there are so many types of seats...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

For your older two, I would look into radians.  They are super narrow.  Then you could do a narrow bucket for baby (and hopefully it'll fit), I'd look at the keyfit or the onboard (If I'm rememering right those are narrower - someone else here may be in the know better).  If a bucket won't work, you could do a 3rd radian or a concorro.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
Old 12-20-2012, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The Britax's have quite a narrow base, so you may be able to get the infant seat between them. For sure, order from somewhere like diapers.com or amazon that does great returns.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

Old 01-08-2013, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

There's been a couple threads for 3 in an 05 corolla in the past couple of months. 

I know one person was planning a high back booster, FF Radian, and Cocorro.   I think her older kids were something like 6 or 7 and 4.

You could ask to take the display models to your car to see if they fit.

User Tag List