Sound and Movement Monitors - your recommendations and reviews please - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a sound and movement monitor and am looking for suggestions/recommendations.  I want a movement monitor just for peace of mind.  Baby will be in an arms-reach co-sleeper to start out, so maybe this isn't very practical as I'll have to turn the monitor off whenever I bring baby into bed with me, but I did make it work with our DS until he started sleeping in our bed full time at maybe 3 or 4 months of age.  Thoughts on this would be appreciated as well.

I had only heard of "Angel Care" monitors until today, when I opened up the Babies R Us flyer and saw Closer to Nature has motion detectors as well.  So I am looking at either the:

- Closer to Nature DECT Digital Sensor Pad Monitor; or

- Angelcare Monitor with Vibration (or another Angelcare monitor).

I don't need a video monitor (unless you all think they're worth the extra $100 as Closer to Nature does make a video monitor with DECT Digital Sensor Pad technology.  We have a small house and babe will either be in our room or the room next to ours when we no longer cosleep (with DS that was at 10 months, could be longer or shorter just depending on babe and what works for us as a family at the time)) but do want one with good quality sound.

Any other thoughts or feedback you have on monitors/sleeping arrangements/your own experiences are always appreciated!

Thanks!  smile.gif

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#2 of 2 Old 01-11-2013, 04:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/snuza-halo-basic/ID=prod6012997-product?ext=gooBaby_Kids_ampersand_Toys_PLA_Monitors_ampersand_Safety_prod6012997_pla&adtype={adtype}&kpid=prod6012997&sst=66b92309-4c05-1ae9-2ad5-00003a060658

i have these. i havent used them yet, except in testing- but they are super mobile. they have a video one too.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page