Need new car recommendations-3 kids, AWD station wagon ideas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-14-2013, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So,

I currently drive a toyota sienna AWD XLE.  I am ready to downsize to a smaller station wagon.  I have 3 children; a 10 year old (seatbelt), 6 year old (high back booster), and a 2 year old (forward facing 5 point harness).  We plan on trading in both of our cars this year, and My husband is planning on getting an SUV, possibly the Acadia with a 3rd row seat.  His car would be used for longer trips and family outings where a 3rd row is necessary.  I would like to have a "normal" sized car, one that is easier to take around town and doesnt feel so cumbersome. We live in a rural area on a mountain in VT, and 4 wheel drive/AWD is absolutely needed.   A roomy backseat is also needed as there will be 3 kids back there!  Looking at Subaru Outback, Audi A4 wagon, and Volvo XC70...any other suggestions?  What backseat is the most roomy? We plan on buying used, and spending under 15,000.

Hayley SAHM to Ryan (02) & Annabel (06) and Jameson (10)
#2 of 3 Old 01-14-2013, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I had an '01 outback and the back seat was not very roomy.  I had 2 car seats back there and was not able to fit anything other than a super skinny child between them (at the time it was a radian ffing and a rfing marathon).   My in-laws volvo is quite spacious in the back seat, but I don't know if all model years are the same.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#3 of 3 Old 01-15-2013, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I recently peeked at a Volvo and thought that the seats looked a bit wider than the subarus as well. I think that my kids can deal with sitting next to each other... But they are big kids, I don't think anyone wants to be squished between two people, no matter what age wink1.gif. Thank you for the feedback. I am hoping to hear about the Audis as well, wondering if they are roomy at all.

Hayley SAHM to Ryan (02) & Annabel (06) and Jameson (10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page