temporary, one trip in the front seat - which kid? - Mothering Forums
Family Safety > temporary, one trip in the front seat - which kid?
devon's Avatar devon 07:55 AM 01-16-2013

Our garage door broke this morning with our cars inside.  We have a rental car for today until it can be fixed and our cars rescued and the lovely one they gave us is a 4 seater, fancy looking Fiat.  Nice, huh?  

We live 1.5 miles from school and routinely bike/walk but it is icy and I don't feel comfortable doing that right now (I'm 25 weeks pregnant and worry about falling on untreated sidewalks).  

I have an 8 year old who is currently in a HBB (Nautilus) who is 55 inches tall and 74 lbs.

I have an almost 6 year old who is currently harnessed in the Nautilus and Radian - he is 54 lbs and 48 inches.

I have a 3.5 year old who is obviously harnessed and is FF at 40 lbs, 40 inches.

Which boy should I have in the front seat for our one-time drive home?  I have a call in to some friends to see if they can bring one of the boys home so this might not have to happen but if it did - which boy?

I was thinking the oldest in his HBB but then I read on here, no, put him in a LBB if he has to go in the front.  Then, I read that I should put the harnessed kiddo (6 year old) in the front.

The roads are all neighborhood, 25 mph roads but I still hope I can find an alternative to having to put one in the front.

TIA!

Devon

chickabiddy's Avatar chickabiddy 11:47 AM 01-16-2013

I would go with 6yo in Radian.

TiredX2's Avatar TiredX2 02:40 PM 01-16-2013

I would also go with the oldest harnessed child (in your case the 5 year old). Back the seat back as far as you can!

Up