Having trouble tightening your radian? See if this is the problem! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-05-2013, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

After 6 months and several installs, I suddenly couldn't tighten the harness straps enough after the latest install for my Radian R120. I'd never had this problem, so I knew something was wrong. Before I posted asking for help, I tried re-installing it and figured out the problem! In case anyone is having a lot of problems with this, check it out! I looked where the latch strap goes through the car seat (rear facing) and discovered this-

It should look like this (but not twisted)-

That's the base of the harness strap wrapped around the latch strap, and it's what was keeping mine from tightening. When dd was not in the seat, I would tighten it but it was still not easy. I wonder if a lot of other people are having this problem. Hope it helps someone!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#2 of 3 Old 03-05-2013, 11:54 AM

Wow! Thanks for sharing!

That could potentially be a serious safety problem, too.

Have you contacted Diono about it? They might want to see those pictures. I wonder whether there's a way that can be prevented. 

~*~ Full time mom ~*~ Hobby Sheep Farmer ~*~ Child Passenger Safety Technician ~*~ 

#3 of 3 Old 03-05-2013, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, I thought the same thing about safety, scary! I read about so many people having trouble getting the straps tight around their dc but that has never been my experience, I always wondered why the difference. Now I wonder if this is why. 

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page