Help with GPS for a young one. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-06-2013, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I live in Chicago with my two and half year old girl. I am looking for some small GPS to fit her with when her daycare goes on field trips or when we go to crowded places. There are so many festivals, but they get so packed with people.

First there is Atlas Tracking which offers a watch option, that when activated dials 9-1-1 with information. They are offering a free trial of their product.

There is Amber Alert. I could teach her to press the button, but when in danger would a 2 year old really know how to press a button?

Then there is Moblie Phone Watch, which is a little more sassy then the Atlas one, but the company for it seems overseas so I don't want to lose action in translation.

Have any of you moms had experience with this? I also don't want this to turn into becoming dependant on GPS tech for my kids (teenagers). Should I just man up?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-08-2013, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Not something I would ever do.  The odds of something happening are so small, that I personally think we are better off teaching our kids what to do in a situation.   "If you lose mommy, find another mommy and ask her to help you" type things help teach them what to do.  I highly recommend the Gavin DeBecker books on staying safe, they are excellent.  

#3 of 3 Old 05-08-2013, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you. I will teach her that and look in Gavin. energy.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page