Convertible Carseat Suggestions for 2 year old - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-30-2013, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our Britax Boulevards (which I have been very pleased with) are going to expire in August so we'll need a new carseat for our soon to be 2 year old by then. To keep him RF as long as possible, I want a convertible seat. We do have a Graco Nautilus that we use as a second seat for our 6 year old that we could use for the youngest but I think it's best to keep him RF, right?

It's been 6 years since I researched convertible carseats so it seems everything has changed and I am thoroughly confused! So far, I've looked at the new Britax Boulevards (but see that they have 2 more "higher end" convertible seats), a Recaro and the Graco MyRide, but I'm not necessarily set on one of those three if there is something else that may be better..

He will be 2 years old at the end of July. He is currently about 25 pounds and 35 inches tall. His seated height is about 12.5 inches. The seat will go in a 2004 Toyota Sienna.

Our kids are small. We were able to keep our now 9.5 year old in a Boulevard until he was at least 5 and he is still needs a booster seat. Our just turned 6 year old is still in a harnessed Britax Frontier. He just now weighs about 40 lbs. and is nowhere near the height limit.

If money is no object, what seat would you recommend?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#2 of 6 Old 07-01-2013, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

No suggestions?

We've decided to go with the Britax Advocate. The Radian is too big. Plus, I am very attached to the very easy install of the Britax and not having to rethread the harness straps when adjusting the height. Those are deal breakers for me.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#3 of 6 Old 07-01-2013, 01:26 PM

Sorry I didn't see this.  Britaxes are usually only recommended for kids in the 30th percentile or below for height (if you want to extended rear-face) but it sounds like they work well for your family.  I, personally, love how easy they are to use!

#4 of 6 Old 07-01-2013, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

I have no idea what percentile my kids are in but we are all pretty short. I'm only 5 feet and my dh is only 5'6". I measured my 6 year old's seat to shoulder height and it's only 14.5".

#5 of 6 Old 07-02-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I have no idea what percentile my kids are in but we are all pretty short. I'm only 5 feet and my dh is only 5'6". I measured my 6 year old's seat to shoulder height and it's only 14.5".

Sounds like Britaxes are a great choice for your family!

#6 of 6 Old 07-02-2013, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Yep. I checked today and my 6 year still fits in the Boulevard. We are a small bunch. winky.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page