Mothering Forum banner

Neti Pot

702 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Somebodysmama23 
#1 ·
Hello, I usually just lurk and havent posted in a while but Im hoping any of you could help ease my concerns. Am 38 weeks pregnant and used my neti pot on Tuesday to try to beat this cold before baby comes. I used my neti pot which I rarely use I brought the water to a boil but it porbbaly only boiled for 30 seconds maybe a minute. I later read it should boil for 3-5 to kill a rare but deadly parasite. Im feeling very concerned now, and since I still have this cold Im getting a sinus headache and my anxiety is convincing me its tye parasite, even thoug I know its super rare. I just want to be so excited for my baby but am more anxious that I have a deadly parasite. Im concerned Im at a hogher risk for it being pregnant and thus immunocompromised. Ive read tons of stories online where people say they have just used plan tap water and were always fine but none of them.were pregnant. If you have any expeeience that might help give me peace please share.

#3 ·
Don't worry. You and baby are gonna be fine. It's a lot more likely that you win the lottery or get hit by lightening than get infected with some bacteria. Try and calm down, have some relaxing tea with honey or something else you like and watch a movie or something. I have totally freaked out about stuff as well but the reality is you are sooooooo much more likely to be just fine than have something be wrong. Everything is gonna be fine! <3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.