Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Carseats: 
Graco Snugride 35 
Graco MyRide 65 
Sunshine Kids Radian 85 
Britax Frontier 85 

Kids: 
Corbin - Almost 5 years old, 50 lbs and 46 in. 
Riley - Almost 3 years old, 32 lbs and 39 in. 
Noah - 5 months old and about 18 lbs 

My car is a minivan. 2 bucket seats in the middle and 1 bench in the back with 3 belts. 

Who would you put in each seat and where would you put the seat? My almost-3-year-old is forward facing but I'm thinking about turning him around. Do you think it would be silly at this point? I don't have the recline adjuster for the radian so I would have to get one if I went that route...

I'm thinking oldest in the britax in the back..middle in the radian behind the passenger seat..baby in either graco seats behind driver...

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#2 of 6 Old 08-11-2013, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Which seating positions have upper tether hooks?

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#3 of 6 Old 08-11-2013, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

The middle seats have their own and the back seat has one in the middle.

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#4 of 6 Old 08-11-2013, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It seems like having two rear-facing seats in the middle will make it very hard to get into the back.  I'd consider baby behind the driver, 2 year old in rear behind baby and 5 year old in the passenger (I assume can't fit next to the Radian in the back).

#5 of 6 Old 08-11-2013, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Can you push the captain's chairs together so that the aisle to get to the back is on the side?

Otherwise, it shouldn't be too bad as long as baby is in the bucket, just have your 5yo get in first.  When my 3rd was born I had my oldest in the back (he was in a booster by then), and my middle and youngest rfing in the middle.  It was fine.  :)

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#6 of 6 Old 08-12-2013, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post

Can you push the captain's chairs together so that the aisle to get to the back is on the side?

Otherwise, it shouldn't be too bad as long as baby is in the bucket, just have your 5yo get in first.  When my 3rd was born I had my oldest in the back (he was in a booster by then), and my middle and youngest rfing in the middle.  It was fine.  :)

I was more concerned with other passengers and whoever is tightening the straps for the 5 year old (since I assume he is still harnessed).  The moving the seats should work well, though, and would probably make it so you didn't even need the angle adjuster if the Diono went in the center (but you might want it).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page