Knobs on Evenflo seat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-15-2014, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have an Evenflo Triumph 65 LX that we bought before our daughter was born and she is now 2 1/2. The seat tightens with knobs rather than with a pull strap like most seats. To release the tension you press down on tabs next to the knobs. So, our problem is that one of the tabs just broke off! The seat is still usable with only one tab, but I'm wondering how long that one will hold out since it's presumably about as sturdy as its mate. Is this normal? Has this happened to anyone else? What's the warranty like on these Evenflo seats? Is this something they might replace? I don't see the point of buying a seat that is supposed to last 6 years if an essential part breaks after 2 1/2 years. But I would like to buy another similar seat because we like this method of tensioning a lot better than the prevailing pull strap. Thoughts? 

#2 of 5 Old 01-25-2014, 06:09 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)

Bumping for input. Anyone have a recommendation to make? If so I'll place it on our Reviews too. 

#3 of 5 Old 04-03-2014, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Well, it's been a couple months since you posted so I'm not sure if this will be of use.

First, we have used Evenflo's for both kids after infancy.  We've had 4 seats with the knobs - my daughter just outgrew them and my son is close to doing so at 5-1/2.  Nothing ever wore out except a seatcover when I washed it in a front-loader.  We also had one arrive in baggage claim having been ripped apart by the TSA and missing a vital piece of foam.  

Both times, Evenflo's customer service was about the best I could have possibly hoped for.  They were really reasonable and I was definitely talking to a real, live, thinking person, not an automaton on another continent.  If you haven't done it already, I would just call them. 

I love those knobs.  The only bad part (I guess it's a good part for younger kids) is that kids can't release themselves.

#4 of 5 Old 04-06-2014, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I did contact them via email but they can't do anything for me. I struggle with whether or not to keep using the seat. It doesn't present a safety issue but I continue to be concerned about what happens if the other tab breaks off abruptly. 

I have been trying to lessen the amount of stress I put on the tab. I only release tension now when she is not belted in. So I unbuckle her without releasing the tension, and then release. So far it works, but who knows. 

#5 of 5 Old 05-01-2014, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I love the knobs!  The newer version releases the tension with a push in the middle of the seat where the tension straps are normally located.  FWIW, I used one seat for 5 1/2 yrs (till the expiration) and another for 4+ years to date without any issues.  Hopefully, your other tab will stay.  I wonder if you can figure out how it works for an alternative method to get you by for just a bit if the other side were to break.

Tags
Evenflo Triumph Lx Convertible Car Seat Median , Baby Trend Expedition Lx Travel System Millennium

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page