Mothering Forum banner

Keeping Everyone Healthy During Dust Storms

861 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  prescottchels 
#1 ·
I wasn't really sure where to post this question so I hope this is okay.

I live in the Texas Panhandle and we've been having a LOT of dust storms so far this year. Some of them have been pretty bad. I'm worried about keeping us healthy through all of it. I am worried about us all breathing the poor air. I use a neti pot but my kids won't. They won't even use nasal spray. We stay inside as much as possible, but after each storm, you can feel a layer of dust all over the house. And there are some days when it's not possible (like, there's a storm right now and I have to go pick the older three up from school).

Besides trying to avoid going out as much as possible, is there something I could maybe give my kids to help keep their lungs strong and healthy?

#2 ·
You might get some air purifiers for your home. And to keep immune systems strong stay away from refined sugar and anything they might be sensitive too in the food department. There are also essential oils that help support lung health.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.