Help me pick a toddler carseat for a HondaFit - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 12-01-2014, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Help me pick a toddler carseat for a HondaFit

I am getting ready to buy a HondaFit 2008. I see people saying which car&seat they are talking about so I wonder if it matters for me. Maybe since I only need one carseat, space Iisnt an issue? I haven't seen the FIt but thibk its mucj roomier so I dont know. My child is 16 monrhs 21 lbs, 30 inches.

Are there many choicee? Radian? Britax Marathon? And they can turn into a booster?So will fit for lingest time is best value?

E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-02-2014, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
I think the issue is the space in the back seat if you are going to put the carseat in rear-facing. If there isn't much room, the seat will hit the front seat(s) and you may not be able to move the front seat back very much. Radian makes seats that convert to boosters and go up to 100 or 120 pounds. The Britax seats only seem to go up to 65 pounds.
If you google carseats and Honda Fit 2008 you will probably find discussions of what carseats people used.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Married to a wonderful woman
since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our
#3 of 4 Old 12-03-2014, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I'd recommend the Chicco NextFit. At your child's age, they'll need to be rear-facing for quite a while. My son is almost 20 months, 28lbs, and pretty tall. He fits very nicely in his NextFit and the seat fits into all of our vehicles very compactly!

Good luck!

Mom to E(11/92), H(10/95), C(4/98), S(12/00) and M(4/13)
#4 of 4 Old 12-03-2014, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
The Chicco NextFit is very adjustable. The Radian is not adjustable. You can buy a separate angle adjuster, but that only gives you 2 angles. The Chicco has many.

Married to a wonderful woman
since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page