My Raidan - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-06-2007, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a radian80, and its driving ME nuts. I cannot get the straps tight enough on my ds. There's always some slack in the straps. I moved it today to my other car and checked the straps on the back and they looked fine. I installed it and still couldn't get them tight enough.
I have thought about adjusting the straps to fit my DS before I install it, because I think the straps are getting smashed against the seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Banned

This is one of my least favorite things about the Radian. I got spoiled by the ease of tightening a harness on my Britaxes

I actually tighten that sucker within an inch of its life now, and I do NOT adjust the straps to take them in and out anymore...I just wrestle their arms through the harness each and every time.

I think part of the problem is the slim design of the seat and part of the problem is the bulky chest clip and narrow crotch buckles...the belts just don't slide easily.
#3 of 3 Old 08-07-2007, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks....I will adjust the straps before my DS gets in it.

Also, the crotch depth isn't enough for a growing child. I put my 56lb, 9Y.O. Step son in that seat..which he loved might I add, and there was NO way that it would buckle. The straps were too tight. He was disappointed I wouldn't let him ride in it to go to the grocery store.

Denise

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page