Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-07-2007, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have any info or have used this seat? I've heard it is made by Britax but much cheaper. We're working on TTC number 2 (shhhh it's a secret) and I'm doing a little "pre-planning". Thanks!

Doula, Wife and mom to A (11/23/01) and O (5/7/09)
#2 of 9 Old 08-07-2007, 10:33 PM

We have this seat and really like it. It's much like the Britax Marathon, but the fabric isn't quite as nice (and not as many choices of fabric), and it doesn't have the little lap pad. We just took the lap pad off of the Roundabout dd grew out of and use it with the Safe Voyage. We have no complaints!
#3 of 9 Old 08-07-2007, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I appreciate your review. My son is so old we will be starting all new with carseats and I want quality but I also need to be careful about price as well.

#4 of 9 Old 08-07-2007, 11:10 PM

We have the Safe Voyage and are very happy with it. I believe it is similar in size to the Britax Marathon, but the weight limit is 55 lbs. instead of 65 lbs. (from what I remember). My son will reach the height limit well before he is 55 lbs., so I don't think that's a big issue. The Safe Voyage certainly seems to be made by Britax - the body looks the same as our Britax seat and the warranty card is returned directly to Britax. The fabric isn't quite as nice, but for $100 less, I'm not complaining!

I see you're in Upstate NY. If you're near Albany, Babyland has the Safe Voyage in stock (as of a couple weeks ago). I bought mine on-line, from www.albeebaby.com.
#5 of 9 Old 08-07-2007, 11:12 PM

I've heard nothing but good things about it. It doesn't tether rearfacing, that's the only bad thing one can say about it. I think it's maybe also missing the lockoffs? But overall, a VERY nice seat for the price!
#6 of 9 Old 08-07-2007, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

HI Emily!
I am indeed near Albany, only about 45 minutes away. Thanks for the tip!
Amy

#7 of 9 Old 08-08-2007, 02:46 PM

We actually just received our 2nd one today via UPS. Bought the 1st one for DS1 and he loves it! Got the red/black one (read somewhere it's not as "slippery" as the other color combo.) One of the seats we have for DS2 wasn't installing great so we ordered a second one for him.
I can't remember which site it is but one of the sites that sell them actually lists the differences between the FPSVD and Marathon.
#8 of 9 Old 08-09-2007, 01:35 PM

Can someone point me to some info about this seat being a stripped down Marathon?

I see this on the forums all the time but I'd like to have an 'official' reference.

Thanks!
#9 of 9 Old 08-09-2007, 06:53 PM

Aside from the product description at elitecarseats.com, I don't really know where to send you. You can call Britax and ask them about it, though!

Tags
Fisher Price , Britax

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page