Help me decide - Regent or Recaro Signo...? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 08-12-2007, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
Which of the four possibilities being tossed around here (Regent, Recaro, Radian, Safeguard) seem to be the most comfortable? Or more importantly, do any of them seem to be especially uncomfortable? We go on long trips frequently.....
We have 2 radians and my girls are fine in them. They say they are comfortable, and they do fall asleep in them. Sometimes I wish they had a recline like my cheapie evenflo, but the girls don't seem to mind. They are both built pretty slim (which I'm assuming your daughter is also if she's 4 and still in a roundabout). I didn't find them any harder to install than any other seat. I've never used a britax, the $100 price difference was enough to sell me on a radian instead of a marathon and I have no regrets.

HTH

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#32 of 43 Old 08-12-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Which of the four possibilities being tossed around here (Regent, Recaro, Radian, Safeguard) seem to be the most comfortable? Or more importantly, do any of them seem to be especially uncomfortable? We go on long trips frequently.....
I own a Regent, a Radian 65, a Safeguard, and a Radian 80.
The Safeguard is DEFINITELY the most comfortable. No contest. You get what you pay for.
#33 of 43 Old 08-12-2007, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Huh? Is there a reason that I'm not getting notification of replies anymore since the thread was moved...? Mods - is there any way to remedy that?

Ok, no time to write more at the moment but thanks for all your thoughts.
#34 of 43 Old 08-13-2007, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, DD1 hasn't sat in a Recaro yet but she loves her Regent. She crosses her legs in it, and calls it her couch. I'm pretty small myself, and can sit in the Regent although I'm too tall for the harness slots, and it is very comfy, nice and padded. DD1 didn't like the Radian as much, it was narrow and she complained because it was harder for her to cross her legs.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#35 of 43 Old 08-13-2007, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Another question!

Is there any point in buying the Radian 80 over the Radian 65 if you know your kid is going to max out the height before either weight?
Yes. The Princess cover. :

Seriously, that's why we chose the Radian80 over the 65.

CPST & mom

#36 of 43 Old 08-13-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
Yes. The Princess cover. :

Seriously, that's why we chose the Radian80 over the 65.
Oh my. Does that involve pink?

I always wondered how people with the pink or cow print carseats keep them clean. I am always thankful for dd's dark gray seat when she spills whatever on it........ In four years, we have never washed the cover Just tip it upside down once in a while to dump the crumbs......
#37 of 43 Old 08-13-2007, 10:49 AM

I was reading reviews on the safeguard seat. One complaint that keeps appearing is that the straps twist. Anyone have that experience?

Also, how long does it take a small child to grow an inch of torso height? The million dollar questions

The Regent would be the answer to all of my needs except I need to use the other two seats in the back of my CR-V. We can barely do that with our Roundabout now. The Regent is 3.5 inches wider!!!!!!!!
#38 of 43 Old 08-13-2007, 12:15 PM

Are you referring to the Safeguard Child Seat (the $450 one) or the Safeguard Go? The Safeguard Child Seat, the spendy one, absolutely does not have twisty straps. In fact the seat is pretty much flawless, except that the seat is a bit narrow in the hip area and would not be comfortable for a chubby child.
The Safeguard Go, the $200 one that turns in to a booster, has some significant issues. Run far away from it. That's my personal advice. You can do a LOT better for $200.

I also drive a CRV. We have a Regent in there. I once tried to get the Regent, an MA, and a Radian (all FF for older kids) in there at once and it could not be done. I currently have a Regent on the back passenger side and a Radian behind the driver and there is not even enough room for me to sit between them. So if you need 3 across in a CRV, do not get a Regent. It won't work.
#39 of 43 Old 08-13-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Oh my. Does that involve pink?
Oh, yes. I'm not a girly girl but my DD definitely is, and she loves her pink carseat. Since it's brand new, we've been very anal about wanting to keep it clean, but it's actually not showing dirt too bad. It's really plush too, and it cleans easily with a baby wipe.

CPST & mom

#40 of 43 Old 08-18-2007, 01:22 PM

I"m going to jump in here. I need to get 3 across in a camry pretty soon. I currently have 3 across in a 2 door cavalier...yes, it can be done. I have a radian 65, Scenera, and evenflo carrier back there now, but am currently looking to get another radian. I was leaning towards getting regent based upon what I've been reading, but it's not recommended for when you need to get 3 across?? My DD is 42 1/2 inches tall and she just turned 4yo! She's in the radian 65. I was looking to get a carseat that has height limits higher than 49inches, but now I don't know where to turn.
#41 of 43 Old 08-18-2007, 02:25 PM

I think you could get three across if the one in the middle was rearfacing, but its hard to say for certain.
#42 of 43 Old 08-18-2007, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Three across with a Regent is going to be very difficult. I honestly could not imagine how it could work, they are so HUGE! We have two Regents, one in an Audi wagon and one in a Toyota Sienna third row. I can only fit one other seat in both of those cars, the Regent takes up a good portion of the center seat space.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#43 of 43 Old 08-18-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
Three across with a Regent is going to be very difficult. I honestly could not imagine how it could work, they are so HUGE! We have two Regents, one in an Audi wagon and one in a Toyota Sienna third row. I can only fit one other seat in both of those cars, the Regent takes up a good portion of the center seat space.
I could fit three across in my saturn LS. But one of the seats has to be rearfacing and in the middle to do it. Or I think 1 regent and 2 radians would fit three across. But it is going to vary depending on your car....

Someone was able to get three across in a truck (one being a regent, all forward facing) here: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...ghlight=regent

There are also some three across pics here (as well as some safeguard pics): http://britaxcarseats.blogspot.com/

and finally, for the OP and others I found this and thought it may be useful. I think this is a pic of a Regent, Radian, and The Safeguard seat
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/147/3...5f6525594e.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page