Need Carseat Advice - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-12-2007, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd will be 4 in October and is in the Apex right now. Ds is in a high back booster and is about 37lbs, he is 2.5 and will need to be moved soon.

Dd is one slot away from being away from the highest slot in the Apex. So should I buy another apex so that they each have one? Or will I need to put her in a booster. I don't want to buy another one if Dd is going to outgrow the Apex soon. I think she is 36" and ds is about 34". Thanks!

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#2 of 7 Old 08-12-2007, 10:33 PM

Buy a second one. When DD outgrows the harness, it turns into a booster. (My ds is 5.5 and still using the straps)
#3 of 7 Old 08-12-2007, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyGrace View Post
Buy a second one. When DD outgrows the harness, it turns into a booster. (My ds is 5.5 and still using the straps)
How tall is your dd? The reason that I am asking is that I don't need it to use a belt positioning booster because the one that my ds is in can be used a as a booster to 100lbs.

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#4 of 7 Old 08-12-2007, 11:42 PM

I saw in the other thread that your son is in the Eddie Bauer 3 in 1, am I understanding that correctly? And that he's in the 5th set of slots. Those are not reinforced for harnessing. If you check your manual you'll see that you can't use those for harnessing (one more reason that I loathe the 3 in 1 so much).
I would get another Apex. It is the cheapest way to keep both kids harnessed. It sounds like your daughter has a lot of growing room left, if she's not in the highest slots yet. It takes kids a long time to grow that much in the torso.
#5 of 7 Old 08-13-2007, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie3096 View Post
I saw in the other thread that your son is in the Eddie Bauer 3 in 1, am I understanding that correctly? And that he's in the 5th set of slots. Those are not reinforced for harnessing. If you check your manual you'll see that you can't use those for harnessing (one more reason that I loathe the 3 in 1 so much).
I would get another Apex. It is the cheapest way to keep both kids harnessed. It sounds like your daughter has a lot of growing room left, if she's not in the highest slots yet. It takes kids a long time to grow that much in the torso.
No it isn't a 3 in 1. It is a highback booster, it CANNOT be used Rear-Facing. It was my replacement Car Seat when I figured out that overhead shields wern't safe. I do ALSO have an Eddie bauer 3 in 1 Convertable though. My 11month old is currently rear-facing in it. It too only harnesses to 40lbs and then can be used as a booster to 80lbs.

So is the HighBack Booster reinforced for harnessing then?? I don't understand why it wouldn't be? Why would the 5th slot be there if it wasn't meant to be harnessed in it. It makes me mad just thinking about it.

#6 of 7 Old 08-13-2007, 12:09 PM

I don't know anything about the EB Highback Booster. I have never seen one IRL. I used to own an EB 3 in 1, that's how I know the top slots can't be used. In the 3 in 1, you can raise the back up one last notch to make it taller when in booster mode. But you are not supposed to use the harness at that height. I don't know if the Highback Booster is the same way, but read the manual really carefully, if you can't use the top setting, it will say in there.
And re: the 3 in 1, it makes me mad too!
#7 of 7 Old 08-13-2007, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie3096 View Post
I don't know anything about the EB Highback Booster. I have never seen one IRL. I used to own an EB 3 in 1, that's how I know the top slots can't be used. In the 3 in 1, you can raise the back up one last notch to make it taller when in booster mode. But you are not supposed to use the harness at that height. I don't know if the Highback Booster is the same way, but read the manual really carefully, if you can't use the top setting, it will say in there.
And re: the 3 in 1, it makes me mad too!
AHH Yes this is different, but I know exactly what you mean, and that is what my other seat is that my baby is in right now. The EB Booster is all one shell there is no headrest that extends.

Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page