booster question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-14-2007, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son is in a booster for the first time (for when he rides in cars other than our own). Do I fully retract the seatbelt so that it locks tight on him (like to install a car seat) or do I buckle it like usual?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2007, 07:12 PM

You can lock his belt but you don't have to. It's safe either way. Lots of people lock the belts when their kids are first being "trained" to ride in a booster, to remind them that they have to sit up perfectly the whole time. Just to reiterate, though, and I know this has been discussed to death, if you have to always lock the belt to keep him sitting right, after the initial "training" period, he's too immature and needs to be back in a harnessed seat. My daughter is almost five and is not allowed to ride in a booster, even for short trips in other people's cars.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie3096 View Post
You can lock his belt but you don't have to. It's safe either way. Lots of people lock the belts when their kids are first being "trained" to ride in a booster, to remind them that they have to sit up perfectly the whole time. Just to reiterate, though, and I know this has been discussed to death, if you have to always lock the belt to keep him sitting right, after the initial "training" period, he's too immature and needs to be back in a harnessed seat. My daughter is almost five and is not allowed to ride in a booster, even for short trips in other people's cars.
Thanks for your help! Yes, he keeps still, thankfully. I guess I'll go with whatever is most comfortable for him.

User Tag List