Good older minivan for 4 carseats? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-16-2007, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're selling our 05 Ody so that we can get a mini we can actually afford. :

Can you all who are carseat/mini knowledgable tell me of a good older minivan that will fit 4 carseats, or can be retro-fitted for 4 LATCH? My Ody only has 3 LATCH and cannot be retro-fitted which I find really annoying. :

Right now I have my 4yo boys in Regents, and a 2yo girl in a Scenera (: -- she's getting a Britax when she hits 40lbs or when we can afford it)

Thanks!

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2007, 12:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know much about minivans, but I do know this: only certain VW and Audi models can have LATCH retrofitted. Pretty much everything else can have top tether anchors installed, but not lower anchors. So if you want a minivan that has LATCH lower anchors, you need a 2002 or newer.
My parents drive DD around in a 2002 Dodge Caravan. They only use the middle seat and the rest is just cargo storage, but I do know that the middle seat has latch anchors (lower anchors AND tether anchors) for both seating positions. I can't imagine that the back row wouldn't also have LATCH. So maybe that's one option!
Hondas do not have center LATCH (we have a Civic). And I agree, that is annoying, considering how much $ we paid for them!

User Tag List