Because everyone loves a carseat question! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-17-2007, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all! The girls are 16 months and have another 1/2 inch of growth to go in their Safe Seats. We have a 06 Nissan Quest. 1 sits in the middle row captain chair and the other 2 out in the back outboard positions. They are all in the high 20s, but our next ped appt is next week so I will have accurate #s then.

I was hoping to wait until the Signo comes out and see if it will work, but we are flying overseas in early October and I don't want to cut it that close not to mention I don't know if they will still fit their SSs by then anyways. We don't travel very often, but having to cart 3 seats is a hassle. We also don't move their seats often.

The things I've thought of are:
1) Check if a Radian 60 will fit rf in the car or possibly put all 3 in the rear seat and fold down both middle seats. pro: only buy 1 seat, easy to get them in/out through the back of the car, heavy, but easier to maneuver in the airport ? con: heavy, possibly lose the middle row of seating until the can ff.

2) Get a Scenera/Safety 1st for now and then later deal with picking a new seat. pro:light, cheap, can keep for future trips conill have to deal with buying a new seat, bulky to cart around, have to store them and deal with getting rid of 3 more seats later.

3) Get a Britax Boulevard pro: one seat only con: rf to 33#, bulky to maneuver in airport, heavy

4) Another option???

So...if you were in my shoes, wwyd?
Thanks!

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2007, 09:30 PM

All those are good options and none of them are wrong. I personally would tend towards the Radian, since there are three of the them. Then you could put them all in one row and if you are ever in a situation where you need to fit them all in a sedan, you have a pretty good chance that it will work! I am not a Radian lover; I have two (because they fit ANYWHERE) and I find them a lot harder to install than the Britax seats, but if I had triplets, I would probably go with that, to avoid any space issues. Plus, if you are flying, I hear they are a lot easier to install/uninstall on planes than the Britax convertibles. My only advice is to try one at BRU and make sure it installs well rearfacing in your vehicle; everyone says the Radians are downright incompatible with certain cars (I have always been able to get mine in FF, and I've tried it in lots of cars, but it often takes some time and profanity, and often, a locking clip).
I noticed on the Blvd you listed con: rf to 33#. Just to make sure you know, the Radians also rf to only 33#. People often post that they go to 35, I did that the other day on another board and someone corrected me, so I went out and looked at my sticker and yep, 33# rearfacing limit, just like Britax. Also, I believe both the Radian and the Blvd weigh the same; 20 pounds. So while the Blvd is bulkier than the Radian, it's not any heavier. That probably doesn't help your decision any; sorry!
Old 08-19-2007, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! i am really leaning towards the Radian. I have one of them and a Boulevard coming from Target (another free shipping promo!) so we'll see. I also have to find out what kind of car we will be renting and if the Radian will fit that if it fits here.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
Old 08-19-2007, 06:59 AM

We have radians for the twins and are very happy with them. They were $100 cheaper than the marathon, so that was our deciding factor. I've installed them RF & FF and not had major problems. When we were in the states we took them in & out of my parents car 2x a week and it wasn't so bad.

HTH

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

User Tag List