strap covers are unsafe?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-20-2007, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just read over on another board that using after-market strap covers like these, non-padded, just velcro wrap around the strap, will void your carseat warranty in an accident???

Ds's neck gets seriously chaffed in one of our carseats (we have one for each car), so I need those stinking strap covers. : Thankfully his Radian came with them.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2007, 12:38 PM

Those long car seat strap covers usually do affect how the child's harness straps fit them and because they are so darn long, usually affect movement of the chest clip as well. Yes, they are considered after market and are not recommended. Use at your own risk.....with that said a chaffed neck isn't desirable either. One trick I used to use before the boys were in seats that came with strap covers was to right prior to tightening up the straps, I would simply take their shirts at the neck on either side and pull them over (and up a bit) to cover the skin, and then finish tightening. That way the exposed skin was covered without having to buy an after market accessory.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

But the Radian ones are okay, because they came with the seat, right? He spends most of his time in the Radian, and we're going to replace the other seat soon...
Old 08-20-2007, 02:16 PM

Anything that came with the seat is just fine to use. So the strap covers that came with your Radian are just fine.

User Tag List