help me pick a new carseat. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-01-2007, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
here's my situation. i have three kids, three carseats, and i drive a honda odyssey.

my 4yo is FF in a marathon in the middle of the third rwo
my 2 1/2 yo is RF in a marathon on the drivers side of the middle row (captains chair)
my 10 mo is RF in a companion in the middle of the second row (pass side captains chair moved over)

my 10mo will probably be outgrowing his companion sometime, though he's pretty petite, only 18 pounds and has a few inches between the top of his head and the top of the seat. i would like to get a new seat for him pretty soon.

my original thought was to give him my 4yos marathon, and get my 4yo a regent, but my 4yo is pretty petite too. Only 34 pounds and about an inch below the third slots. I think he will get a good bit more time in the marathon and he looks so tiny in the regent.

I do have the eighth plus one seat for my Odyssey, and it would be great if i could put three seats across. I was thinking maybe a radian?

my husband is sick to death of hearing about it, so i'm hoping for some input here.
#2 of 8 Old 10-01-2007, 07:20 PM

I would either get a boulevard for the baby or a regent for the 4 yr old.

I've heard too many install-horror-stories to choose the radian if there is another choice that will work.

-Angela
#3 of 8 Old 10-01-2007, 07:54 PM

:
#4 of 8 Old 10-01-2007, 09:02 PM

A boulevard for your baby does seem to be your best bet. Your youngest sounds like he will use it for quite a long time. I considered putting our next newborn in my DD's Boulevard, but I've decided that unless he/she were born closer to 11lbs it would be safer to put him/her in a Companion for a couple of months. Still, I hate to spend all that money on a new seat I'm only going to use for a short time. If yours is still in good condition and you're thinking of selling it, PM me.
#5 of 8 Old 10-01-2007, 10:28 PM

I was in the same situation a month ago and went round and round. My 3 1/2 year old DD is 33lbs. and DS (8mo) needed a seat. I ended up passing DD's Boulevard down to DS and buying DD a Regent. My DH was also sick of hearing about it and told me to just pick one and get over it! Are you interested in higher weight/height harnessing? I figured that DD would, at best, get 2 more years in another Boulevard/Marathon but that she could get upwards of 5 years in the Regent. We are planning on having another child, so I almost got another Boulevard and figured we could pass it down to baby #3 but decided I just wanted to be done with it all and got the Regent. It was back ordered, so we still haven't gotten it. She does look teeny in her Apex (in Grandma's car) but we've adjusted. And DD likes to sit "criss-cross applesauce) which she cannot do in the Boulevard. I'm happy and glad to be done deciding!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#6 of 8 Old 10-02-2007, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

does BRU carry the regent in their stores now? i would like to show the seats to kieran again and maybe get some input from him, but we moved and the only thing we have here is babies r us. i guess we'll head over there today and see what he thinks.
#7 of 8 Old 10-02-2007, 12:17 PM

I believe some BRU do carry regents however ours doesn't. Can you call ahead?
#8 of 8 Old 10-02-2007, 02:24 PM

If you have LATCH, the Radian will install fine. It's seatbelt installs that get tricky. That said, a Regent for your 4yo seems like the best bet, as it will last you a loooong time! Are you sure you can't fit 3 across with a Regent? In my van I have a Marathon and a Radian (both RF, both outboard in the middle row) and I could easily fit a Regent in between. I would call the nearest BRU or baby boutique and see if they carry the Regent so you can try it out.

CPST & mom

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page