When do you face the carseat forward? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 70 Old 10-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Plus, I have NEVER seen a 12 month old rear-facing look 'scrunched up'. Good grief.
#62 of 70 Old 10-14-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBeans View Post
Plus, I have NEVER seen a 12 month old rear-facing look 'scrunched up'. Good grief.
My 10 month-old's legs DO look scrunched up. But he's a leggy kid. That said, how his legs look in his car sear have nothing to do with how I think he feels in it. When he kicks the seat and stretches them out, I figure he just needs to stretch. I don't think he's uncomfortable at all. And I'm certainly not going to turn him before he hits the RF height or weight limit on his Marathon.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#63 of 70 Old 10-14-2007, 06:13 PM

Rearfacing to the upper most limit on your car seat is recommended. Rear facing is safest for any occupant for that matter. With that said if you feel your little one may be too scrunched or uncomfortable, you may be able to give them a bit of extra leg room by reclining the seat they are facing. Our little ones rear face from the beginning. They do not know any different until you turn them around. 12 months AND 1 year is the minimum to rear face.
If you have a feeling that your child isn't comfortable in their seat, it may just be a matter of the way in which the car seat is installed, or the way in which the child is seated/positioned in it. I would recommend visiting a certified child passenger tech to determine if there is any misuse which could be contributing to positional or other difficulties. www.seatcheck.org (US only)
#64 of 70 Old 10-14-2007, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla72 View Post
in ontario we turn forward at 21 pounds and 12 months
I'm in ontario and we don't all do that!
#65 of 70 Old 10-14-2007, 11:56 PM

Here's my 34 mos old tonight in his seat. Granted, he's small (more like 2 though, not 1), but he's not scrunched at all in this seat or his Britax.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...n/oct07011.jpg

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

#66 of 70 Old 10-15-2007, 12:21 AM

Since my 38in 3yr old is still rear facing, I have a hard time imagining a scrunched up 12 month old....

-Angela
#67 of 70 Old 10-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Banned

*drools over thepeach's beautiful coastal radian*

*drool*

*drool*
#68 of 70 Old 10-15-2007, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBeans View Post
*drools over thepeach's beautiful coastal radian*

*drool*

*drool*
You're funny. I really do like this color though and am sad they don't make it. I realized one night all my seats are blue. I may need to get all new covers when it's time to upgrade Ilana and AJ though. I don't think DH will go for all purple covers though.

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

#69 of 70 Old 10-15-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeach80 View Post
Here's my 34 mos old tonight in his seat. Granted, he's small (more like 2 though, not 1), but he's not scrunched at all in this seat or his Britax.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...n/oct07011.jpg
That's what my 10 month-old's legs look like in his Marathon. And yes, it is reclined. Like I said, he's just leggy. I think it looks a tad scrunchy to have their knees bent all the time, but I doubt it feels bad at all. Which is why I said I'll keep DS rearfacing until the limits of his seat.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#70 of 70 Old 10-15-2007, 11:46 AM

according to here (for canadians) there is no real law saying you cat use your canadian issue higher weighted rf seats until the US weight. They are still the same seat, just the manufacturer is setting their numbers different.http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=18186

that being said, i turned my ds a few months ago. It was the only way he would actually tolerate being in the carseat at all, and I would rather have him ff than not in the carseat at all because he was hyperventilating and hurting himself.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page