Would you go against the rules... - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 92 Old 11-16-2007, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does anyone know of the top of their heads what the rear-facing max. weight for the Britax Marathon is? And the rear-facing max height? If not, I can always look at my manual.

Thanks for everyone's responses! Who knew that this was such a heated topic? Certainly not me. I get the whole thing about the spinal cord and the head proportion - that makes a lot of sense. I definitely won't be turning DS before a year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 92 Old 11-16-2007, 01:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm pretty sure the max rfing weight for a Marathon is 35lbs. Height would be when your childs head is one inch from the top of the shell (which varies for every childs length, since some kids are all legs or all toreso.)

Oh and I wouldn't turn a 10 month old, but I did turn my 12 month old cause of screaming (I seriously couldn't deal anymore.) She was 25lbs at the time (same weight at 10 months.)

Mama of three.

#63 of 92 Old 11-16-2007, 01:15 AM

I hope someone can find the link to the crash test video of the dummy forward vs. rear facing. It's powerful and completely convinced me that ds needs to stay rf till he reaches the weight limit of his Roundabout (30 lbs.)
#64 of 92 Old 11-16-2007, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bamama View Post
Does anyone know of the top of their heads what the rear-facing max. weight for the Britax Marathon is? And the rear-facing max height? If not, I can always look at my manual.

Thanks for everyone's responses! Who knew that this was such a heated topic? Certainly not me. I get the whole thing about the spinal cord and the head proportion - that makes a lot of sense. I definitely won't be turning DS before a year.
I'm almost certain that the max limit rearfacing for the Marathon is 33 lbs. The seat is outgrown by height when the top of the head is within one inch of the top of the shell.
#65 of 92 Old 11-16-2007, 07:50 AM

Quote:
No. I turned my son on his first bday because he was one of those scream in the car babies, and I had no idea rear facing was so much safer. Knowing what I know now, I probably would have waited longer, although I would have had to balance that against the real possibility of getting into an accident because I was distracted by his crying.

That was us, too. However, DS was 30 lbs, also, and at the weight limit of his current carseat. Also, he had moved to the top straps, and the top straps are for forward facing only.

DD is also a screamer. Much worse than DS. But she's a tiny thing, and she will stay rear facing until 30ish pounds, which won't be for a very long time. Turning her around won't change anything for her, either. She just wants to nurse in the car, which isn't possible when I'm driving. Sigh... it's frustrating for a parent who does not like to leave her baby crying.
#66 of 92 Old 11-16-2007, 11:54 AM

Moving to family safety

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#67 of 92 Old 11-16-2007, 01:17 PM

FTR, Evan will be 3 3 wks from today and is still rfing. He's 26.5# and I'm thinking of turning him ffing this summer when Ilana needs a convertible, but I can't seem to make a concrete decision to do so b/c I know he can still rf. Ilana is over the 1/20# mark and still rfing of course. Neither of their legs are anywhere near their chest and neither was AJ's when he turned at about 37".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psmUWg7QrC8

Side by side pic of a ffing child vs rfing child in a frontal crash.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...RF-FFcrash.jpg

Quote:
How is this any different than showing a woman who's going to birth at home a horrible video of a labor where there were complications??! This seems to be perpetuating fear a little too much for me even though I get what you're saying.
Every birth is different. You can't just show a video and say this is what it will be like. This crash test IS what will happen to your child in a ffing crash, whether they are rfing or ffing. There's no denying plain physics.

Quote:
He also agreed that she was probably in more danger with her knees bent up if we had an accident.
I guess the alternative of a broken neck sounded better to him? Not to be rude, but I don't think people think when they say things like that to people.

I find the attitude some here have about not being safety conscious etc is insane. I was given my child to care for and protect and I will do that to the best of my ability w/ the knowledge I was given. The more I have learned the better job I have done IMO. It would be unfair to my child to have learned what I have and choose to ignore b/c I was afraid to change or afraid that keeping my kids safe the best way I could would make me less of a parent or whatever it is that people think will happen.

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

#68 of 92 Old 11-16-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeach80 View Post
I find the attitude some here have about not being safety conscious etc is insane. I was given my child to care for and protect and I will do that to the best of my ability w/ the knowledge I was given. The more I have learned the better job I have done IMO. It would be unfair to my child to have learned what I have and choose to ignore b/c I was afraid to change or afraid that keeping my kids safe the best way I could would make me less of a parent or whatever it is that people think will happen.
I think is such an important point. When my dd was a year old I had never heard of keeping them rf past 1 year/20lbs so she went to ff then. She also stopped puking every time she went in the truck when she went ff so to me it seemed like a wonderful thing. By the time ds was born I knew about extended rf and he was kept rf to the limits of his seat. I've got huge kids though so it's nowhere near as long as some kids can stay rf. Honestly the only time I've wished I could change my kids is when it comes to vehicle safety. If they just weren't so big I could keep them safer longer and not have to worry about them as much when we go somewhere in the truck.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#69 of 92 Old 11-16-2007, 02:55 PM

It sounds like the OP is under the impression that the "weight limit" to turn a child forward facing is 20 pounds. Again, that is the absolute bare minimum--a child MUST be one and 20 pounds. The weight limit of your seat (if you have a convertible) is between 30 and 35 pounds, depending on the seat, and that is the point at which I would turn them FF.

CPST & mom

#70 of 92 Old 11-16-2007, 04:59 PM

Sure - I bend the 1yr / 20lb rule.

My DS1 went FF at 23 months, and 34lbs (his seat maxed at 35 lbs)

My DD went FF at 2 yrs, 3 months and 27 lbs. That was too early
for my liking, but I was due with baby #3 in a few weeks and could NOT fit 2 RF and 1 FF seats in our car. If I could have, she's have been RF until past 3 yrs - as she is JUST now getting to 35 lbs.

DS2 is 11 months old and 27 lbs. He's in a Graco SafeSeat1 that goes to 30 lbs. At which point, he'll go into our Regal Ride that RF to 35lbs. We'll see how much time that buys us.

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
#71 of 92 Old 11-17-2007, 01:07 AM

Quote:
But here's what doesn't make sense - if it's about physical development, we all know that that happens at a different rate for every child, so the 1 year mark seems rather arbitrary to me. Is there some specific skill or reflex or something that they need to (or should) exhibit?
The 1-year mark is somewhat arbitrary (though a PP noted the research that it's based on). Some countries it's six months, some it's nine, and then in Sweden (where they make Volvos and Saabs... some of the safest cars on the road... and I've been in two accidents in Saabs; WOW they are amazing) the minimum age to go front-facing is four YEARS. So, yeah, kinda arbitrary... but not arbitrarily high, IMO.

Quote:
There's obviously a big difference between 3 months and 10 months (or a year, or two years). Like the pp said, that's your decision to make!
No, not really. It's a law. You can, at the very least, get cited and have to pay a fine if you turn your child around before they meet the minimum requirements. If you're on a military base (I've heard, from friends who were Marines at the time) failure to have your child properly restrained in a moving car can get you brought up on charges of child neglect and endangerment. Your kids could be separated from their family for this infraction. (Not necessarily "will" or "are likely to be," but it's a criminal charge, not just a ticket.)

Quote:
Honestly, I cannot imagine waiting until DS is two to turn him. He already cranks his neck to look at me from the back. Sometimes I'll "feel" eyes one me and he'll be staring at me!
Do you have a mirror for him? DS loved his when he was RF.
#72 of 92 Old 11-17-2007, 01:31 AM

Quote:
How is this any different than showing a woman who's going to birth at home a horrible video of a labor where there were complications??! This seems to be perpetuating fear a little too much for me even though I get what you're saying.
It's totally not the same thing because in a frontal crash car accident, ALL FF babies are going to be thrown forward. ALL rear facing ones are going to experience much less trauma. Unlike homebirth where MOST are going to come out fine and a few horror stories happen.

Here is a rear-facing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qef1T...eature=related
Here is a forward-facing video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMFPSStXfqE

Now ask yourself, WHY are you using a carseat? Is it to keep your child SAFE or just for show? If it's the former, then keep your child RF until they reach the limit and can no longer do so.
#73 of 92 Old 11-17-2007, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaFinch View Post
It's totally not the same thing because in a frontal crash car accident, ALL FF babies are going to be thrown forward. ALL rear facing ones are going to experience much less trauma. Unlike homebirth where MOST are going to come out fine and a few horror stories happen.
Also... while there are some isolated rare cases where it turns out that the mom and/or baby may have fared better if they'd been in the hospital rather than at home (and there's still no guarantees), for MOST cases, there are safety *benefits* to staying at home. There are not safety benefits to a child riding without a proper restraint. Either you don't need the restraint (because there's no crash), in which case it doesn't matter... or you do get in an accident, and your child is at SIGNIFICANTLY greater risk of severe injury if they're not properly restrained. There aren't really any shades of grey here.
#74 of 92 Old 11-17-2007, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironica View Post
No, not really. It's a law. You can, at the very least, get cited and have to pay a fine if you turn your child around before they meet the minimum requirements...
So, no, there's not really a difference between a three-month-old and a ten-month-old? Regardless of the law, I see a huge developmental and physical difference between my 10-month old who can stand and walk and my friend's 3-month-old who can't even roll over yet - not to mention the head to body proportion starting to even out. That's all I was saying - there is a marked difference.

Quote:
Do you have a mirror for him? DS loved his when he was RF.
Yep!

Quote:
You're missing my point - MOST car rides come out fine too (relatively, of course). But, I also get the importance of the video and being educated about it. I just don't like making people feel scared and planting a seed in their head that something horrible might happen to their DC. When a friend is about to go on a trip via plane, you don't send her airplane crash videos... ya know?

If we are all so hell bent on the utmost safety, then we should not even be getting our babe into a car in the first place (or even breathing our air, for that matter).

Quote:
Now ask yourself, WHY are you using a carseat? Is it to keep your child SAFE or just for show? If it's the former, then keep your child RF until they reach the limit and can no longer do so.
Umm, I don't even know how to answer that. OF COURSE I'm not using a car seat for show (wha?) and I don't agree that turning your child forward facing at 1 year is not safe. Yes, we can all agree that it's safer, but rear facing is not UNsafe.
#75 of 92 Old 11-17-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
So, no, there's not really a difference between a three-month-old and a ten-month-old? Regardless of the law, I see a huge developmental and physical difference between my 10-month old who can stand and walk and my friend's 3-month-old who can't even roll over yet - not to mention the head to body proportion starting to even out. That's all I was saying - there is a marked difference.

Yep!

You're missing my point - MOST car rides come out fine too (relatively, of course). But, I also get the importance of the video and being educated about it. I just don't like making people feel scared and planting a seed in their head that something horrible might happen to their DC. When a friend is about to go on a trip via plane, you don't send her airplane crash videos... ya know?

If we are all so hell bent on the utmost safety, then we should not even be getting our babe into a car in the first place (or even breathing our air, for that matter).

Umm, I don't even know how to answer that. OF COURSE I'm not using a car seat for show (wha?) and I don't agree that turning your child forward facing at 1 year is not safe. Yes, we can all agree that it's safer, but rear facing is not UNsafe.
Most car rides turn out fine - true. But using that logic, why use a carseat at all? If we're talking about IF in the event of an accident your 1-yr-old is FF vs. RF, the damage to his body are greatly increased if he is FF. So that is what I'm talking about - if intent of the carseat is to keep a child SAFE, then it needs to be RF as long as possible.

When we choose a carseat, we don't want one that is recalled, would we? But even with the recalled seats, the LIKELIHOOD that your child will be in an accident and the defective part will actually fail is probably low. Likewise, the chance of crashing into something in your car is pretty low, but if it DOES happen, don't you want your child safe?

What I meant by 'for show' is what is a carseat for? It's for protection in the event of an accident. Surely if you knew for SURE that tomorrow you were going to hit a tree going 40 MPH and you had already turned the carseat FF, wouldn't you turn it around if you KNEW it was going to happen? So why wouldn't you leave it RF permanently IF the point of the carseat is to protect your child? Because if you're just going by the argument that 'Well, I'll probably never get into an accident," then why not skip the carseat all together?
#76 of 92 Old 11-17-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Also... while there are some isolated rare cases where it turns out that the mom and/or baby may have fared better if they'd been in the hospital rather than at home (and there's still no guarantees), for MOST cases, there are safety *benefits* to staying at home. There are not safety benefits to a child riding without a proper restraint. Either you don't need the restraint (because there's no crash), in which case it doesn't matter... or you do get in an accident, and your child is at SIGNIFICANTLY greater risk of severe injury if they're not properly restrained. There aren't really any shades of grey here.

I really think the bit that I bolded above is KEY.

There are NO safety benefits to turning a carseat early.

There can be some convenience benefits, but they are *conveniences*, not *safety* issues.

savithny, 42 year old moderate mom to DS Primo (age 12) and DD Secunda (age 9).

#77 of 92 Old 11-17-2007, 08:58 PM

Another vote for no. My daughter RF til 2.5yrs and my son until 1.5...our new babe will also go til the weight limit facing rear.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#78 of 92 Old 11-17-2007, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Most car rides turn out fine - true. But using that logic, why use a carseat at all? If we're talking about IF in the event of an accident your 1-yr-old is FF vs. RF, the damage to his body are greatly increased if he is FF. So that is what I'm talking about - if intent of the carseat is to keep a child SAFE, then it needs to be RF as long as possible.

When we choose a carseat, we don't want one that is recalled, would we? But even with the recalled seats, the LIKELIHOOD that your child will be in an accident and the defective part will actually fail is probably low. Likewise, the chance of crashing into something in your car is pretty low, but if it DOES happen, don't you want your child safe?

What I meant by 'for show' is what is a carseat for? It's for protection in the event of an accident. Surely if you knew for SURE that tomorrow you were going to hit a tree going 40 MPH and you had already turned the carseat FF, wouldn't you turn it around if you KNEW it was going to happen? So why wouldn't you leave it RF permanently IF the point of the carseat is to protect your child? Because if you're just going by the argument that 'Well, I'll probably never get into an accident," then why not skip the carseat all together?
I really do understand that rear-facing is safer than front-facing (I watched the video clips), BUT... you're making it sound like turning your child to the front is the same thing as using no car seat at all, which of course, is NOT! "Why not skip the car seat all together?" - that makes no sense!
We all know that a car seat - regardless of which way it's facing - is ridiculously more safe than no car seat at all. I know what you're getting at, why not be the MOST safe you can be, but if that's the case, then why get in your car at all? Really, I do get where you're coming from - I am definitely not turning DS before a year and in fact, I've completely reassessed turning DS forward before the 33lb. maximum - but I also don't think that front facing before the weight/height maximum is the same as using nothing.
#79 of 92 Old 11-17-2007, 11:33 PM

No, Ds is over 20 and over one and my safety officer said to go by the car seat guidelines, therefor until ds is 33 pounds or 35 inches, he is not going to be forward facing.

:CLC,Doula :Mama to 2
#80 of 92 Old 11-18-2007, 12:54 AM

Quote:
I really do understand that rear-facing is safer than front-facing (I watched the video clips), BUT... you're making it sound like turning your child to the front is the same thing as using no car seat at all, which of course, is NOT! "Why not skip the car seat all together?" - that makes no sense!
There are people on this thread though whose posts make you wonder why use a seat at all though, it's not something I think that was directed at you necessarily 100%. People have talked about how we didn't have carseats when we were younger and why have we become so uber-safe and how they choose to put their children in danger by turning them early, it makes you wonder if they don't use one just b/c they are supposed to/have to.

It is utterly ridiculous though to even say things like don't get in your car at all or even breathe. Come on! I have to drive, there's no way around it and well not breathing isn't really an option. Since I do have to drive (and breathe), I choose to be as safe as I possibly can w/ my kids in the car. Since we know cars are dangerous and that crashes are one of the top killers of children, I don't understand purposefully putting your small child at risk w/ putting them ffing. I am happy to hear you are reasessing though.

#81 of 92 Old 11-18-2007, 01:14 AM

Quote:
We all know that a car seat - regardless of which way it's facing - is ridiculously more safe than no car seat at all. I know what you're getting at, why not be the MOST safe you can be, but if that's the case, then why get in your car at all? Really, I do get where you're coming from - I am definitely not turning DS before a year and in fact, I've completely reassessed turning DS forward before the 33lb. maximum - but I also don't think that front facing before the weight/height maximum is the same as using nothing.
Again, I'll try to be more clear, my guess is almost ANY parent would, if they KNEW they were going to crash and they had seen those videos, would turn their child back to RF or keep them RF if they were still within the weight limit. The only reason a parent who has seen those videos and is aware of the harm that can come *unnecessarily* from FF drives with their 20-lb one-year-old FF is because they think "I won't get into an accident" - and my point was if one is going to make safety decisions based on the assumption that they will never get into an accident, then why even use a carseat? That is my point. My point was not to say FF is just as bad as no carseat in an accident.

As for 'why even drive at all' - well, I'm sure most of us could always improve on safety. Not everyone can afford the BEST carseat or the 5-star safety rated car. We make the safest choices with what we have. And leaving a carseat RF seems like a very easy, ZERO cost way to do that.

I'm glad you're rethinking things. I turned my son around at 20lbs/1 year on advice of my doctor back in 2000 and I am just so thankful we didn't get in an accident! My son has hydrocephalus and has a disporportionately large head. If any child should have stayed RF, it is him. I shudder to think of his poor neck had an accident occurred. I know better now and will not make that mistake again. I'm annoyed that my ped gives such sloppy, mainstream advice to patients (including telling BF moms to wean at a year, telling moms of babies to CIO, etc. = luckily for DS I didn't listen to that advice)
#82 of 92 Old 11-18-2007, 01:22 AM

I had a 24# 7 mos old come in to my check today ffing b/c mom's ped said it was o.k. after 20#. : He was able to leave in a brand new seat, RFING!

#83 of 92 Old 11-18-2007, 03:08 AM

You are going to do what you want no matter what anyone says. But think about it why would there be laws governing this and so much money put into testing, researching, and so forth if it was not best for your child. yes while i agree not everything should be governed by the government some of it may be for the better good of the people and innocent.
#84 of 92 Old 11-18-2007, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeach80 View Post
I had a 24# 7 mos old come in to my check today ffing b/c mom's ped said it was o.k. after 20#. : He was able to leave in a brand new seat, RFING!
Stupid pediatrician. My ds2's ped said that not everyone could afford those "fancy seats" that could last 30 lbs or more. I looked her straight in the face, and said, "Oh, I know! There are some families that just cannot spring for a $40 Scenera from WM. Thank God the SafeKids Coalition here will give out FREE seats that RF all the way to 30 lbs." She was actually a fairly decent pediatrician too - okay w/ delayed/no vax, supportive of ext bfing (was a pumper herself, her dh was a sahd), used cloth diapers, didn't encourage CIO...

I'm glad you were able to keep this kiddo safe!

ETA: I guess I thought I had responded to this post previously. Obviously not. My ds2 is still rear-facing at 19 months. He either sits cross legged or props his feet up on the seat behind him. He doesn't seem bothered. Would I forward face him? NO WAY! I'd sooner have a broken leg than broken neck - Broken leg, cast it, Broken neck, casket. My elder ds rear-faced off and on until just after his 3rd birthday, and is still harnessed. As someone else said - they wouldn't put this much money into testing, researching, etc, for me not to follow their best practice recommendations. Best Practice recommendations, as we were taught in our CPST class - rear-face to the limits of the seat, forward-face to the limits of that seat, booster from 4/40 lbs until the child passes the 5 step test. My children deserve the best I can give them!
#85 of 92 Old 11-18-2007, 01:06 PM

Yup, we would never not give a child a safe seat b/c the parent's couldn't afford it! We don't advertise free seats, but if you need one, you can get one for whatever $ you do have. We were able to get 6 seats yesterday that weren't any good anymore, that's a LOT for us in one check. So we had that many seats go out as well. It was a good day. The day that makes me really happy that I do what I do.

My DH's cousin can't afford another seat for their baby, so he's getting a new Scenera for his birthday on Saturday. This will let me have my Scenera back.

#86 of 92 Old 11-20-2007, 12:28 AM

Absolutely not. Not ever. My 18 month old is still RFing. It is about spinal development. My kid's neck is way too important for me to turn it around for any reason at all.

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)
#87 of 92 Old 11-20-2007, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Again, I'll try to be more clear, my guess is almost ANY parent would, if they KNEW they were going to crash and they had seen those videos, would turn their child back to RF or keep them RF if they were still within the weight limit. The only reason a parent who has seen those videos and is aware of the harm that can come *unnecessarily* from FF drives with their 20-lb one-year-old FF is because they think "I won't get into an accident" - and my point was if one is going to make safety decisions based on the assumption that they will never get into an accident, then why even use a carseat? That is my point. My point was not to say FF is just as bad as no carseat in an accident.
Sadly this is not the case. I would think so too. But so many parents just don't care at all. There is nothing that anyone could do to make me turn DS around, but some parents EVEN AFTER knowing do it anyway. I REALLY don't understand it at all. :

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)
#88 of 92 Old 11-20-2007, 10:51 AM

No way!!! My almost 19 month old rides rear facing. I do not understand why turning a child FF is such a big deal. I understand that some children must be turned around for the safety of the driver(screaming child) but otherwise what is the big deal?

I am slightly annoyed that my one year old is in Atlanta with my mother riding front facing as she could not figure out how to correctly install the seat rear facing. He flew with family so I was not able to install the seat.

My son might be physically able to withstand a FF crash, but why would I take the risk until I have to turn him around?

+ + =
#89 of 92 Old 11-20-2007, 03:50 PM

In regards to fear regarding homebirths vs. car seat safety. IMO, your desire to have your child forward facing DOES NOT CHANGE PHYSICS. The laws of physics don't bend to your will. You can try to drive safely, but you don't control the weather, the idiots on the road, etc.

However, I feel that the desire to have a safe homebirth can be affected by your will. You plan, prepare, read books, hire a midwife, go to childbirth classes, etc. It's totally not the same thing.

I am not an uber safety concious person. We don't use many baby gates, for instance. I would rather teach my babies to climb stairs. I let my 3 yo help me cook, at the stove sometimes, and "chop" veggies with a butter knife. I also let her play in our fenced back yard w/o my supervision sometimes. But she will be properly restrained, according to best practice guidelines, not state laws, which here in Michigan are awful.

So you only drive once every 2 or 3 weeks? That does not mean that you are less likely to get hit THAT DAY than anyone else on the road THAT DAY. Ask my mom and sister, who nearly died on a beautiful sunny July day during a 20 min drive to my grandma's. I don't think they planned on hitting a tree. They were just going to Grandma's, so my sister got to ride in the front seat. She was 7 and hit her head because she wasn't properly restrained and had emergency brain surgery.

Your will does not change the laws of physics. Sorry.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#90 of 92 Old 11-29-2007, 08:30 PM

Quote:
and turn your baby's carseat facing forward if they meet the weight limit, but were two months shy of being 1-year-old? Why is there a weight AND age requirement? Is there something that could magically happen in those two months that would make it more safe for your child to ride facing forward?

Thoughts? TIA
i would keep the baby facing backwards until 1 yr.
orthopedic surgeons are much better at fixing broken legs (from facing backwards) than neurosurgeons are at fixing brains

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page