Would you go against the rules... - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2007, 10:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acp View Post
But I do think the fact that I don't often live in paranoia of the worst-case scenarios (child abduction, SIDS, fatal car or bus crashes) happening to me make me a little more likely to do things like tummy sleep, ride the bus with DD, etc.
For one year olds and up, car accidents are the number one - the Number One - THE NUMBER ONE - killer of children.

It should be taken more seriously than SIDS, tummy sleeping, soft-cheese eating while pregnant, child abduction, etc... It's something that kills more children than many of these things combined, and it's one thing that we parents actually have the power to control to a very real degree.

Just my two pennies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2007, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancta View Post
For one year olds and up, car accidents are the number one - the Number One - THE NUMBER ONE - killer of children.
Yeah that. In the US at least, it's number one. So it's hardly paranoia to be uber-careful about all aspects of car seat safety. I'll tummy sleep my babe, let him do daring stunts, lick raw-egg cake batter, whatever...but car seat safety is non negotiable for me.

User Tag List