Mothering Forum banner

Anyone have a radian in a lancer(wagon)? and a companion - placement issues.

539 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  EllaBellaBaby 
#1 ·
We have an opportunity to get a radian at a reduced cost. (We live in detroit, hubbies family outside of windsor - they carry them for 199.99 at Canadian tire AND a family member works there AND they go on sale - car seats never go on sale here) So I imagine with the next month - we will be getting one to give her a little more room than her roundabout.

Here is our car situation - We have a lancer wagon - DD, 20 months, 25 lbs, 31 inches tall, will be rear facing for I imagine at least another year. The seat is really tall - so rear facing will it work? Does it recline at all? In order for her to rear face she is going to need to be tipped back a bit.

Can I put the radian on the outside? and a companion in the middle? (due in May) (one seat belt? one latch??)

Thanks for your help
Michelle

#2 ·
I don't know if it will fit in your car or not, but I wanted to mention that even though they Radian in Canada and the Radian in the US are the same seat, it isn't legal to use a Canadian car seat in the US, and vice-versa.

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
I don't know if it will fit in your car or not, but I wanted to mention that even though they Radian in Canada and the Radian in the US are the same seat, it isn't legal to use a Canadian car seat in the US, and vice-versa.
Hmm
I dont know that we have a choice right now -
We bounce back and forth 2-3 times a week.

I dont think the border gaurds would check?

#4 ·
I am sure someone can give you more info than I can, because I am not a CPS tech.

The issue, as I understand it, is that if you do get in an accident and need to replace your seats, you car insurance may be voided due to the fact that the car seat is "illegal." Also, if you get stopped by police in Detroit for any reason and they check your carseat, you could be fined.

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
I am sure someone can give you more info than I can, because I am not a CPS tech.

The issue, as I understand it, is that if you do get in an accident and need to replace your seats, you car insurance may be voided due to the fact that the car seat is "illegal." Also, if you get stopped by police in Detroit for any reason and they check your carseat, you could be fined.
Well, considering the fact that it is the exact same car seat, it's doubtful that anyone will be making her uninstall her seat to see if it is made in the U.S. Especially when we in the Detroit area are crossing the border frequently. That would mean we'd have to change out seats each time we cross the border!

As far as the insurance, I'm not sure on that one. But I don't think she's in much danger of getting a ticket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.