Sloped seats and securing carseats - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-28-2008, 02:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have noticed recently when attempting to turn my carseats ff in the back of 2 different extended cab trucks that they don't seem to fit very well in the seat due to the backward slant of the seat cushion. When it was rf, I was able to use the noodle to help keep everything level...can I use the noodle to help bridge the gap between the back of the seat and the back of the ff carseat bottom? Does that make sense?

In order for the seat to fit right, the base sits towards the front of the seat therefore leaving a gap at the back because of the backwards slant of the seat.

Also, is it important that the headrests be removed for ff carseats? They don't seem to come out. There also doesn't appear to be teathers in extended cap trucks, even the brand new ones.

Thanks for your feedback.
Miranda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2008, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Noodles can only be used RF. Never use a noodle FF.

It's ok if there's a gap between the seat crease and the carseat. If the child seats are hanging over the edge of the vehicle seats, check with your manual to make sure that's ok.

If by headrests you mean the vehicle headrests (which I can't think of what else you would mean, but just incase) then no they don't have to be removed.

I'm not sure about the tethers, someone else should be able to help you with that though. It's possible that you may be able to get some installed by the dealership but I'm not sure if that applies to trucks.

Rebecca, CPST, Navy wife to Chris, furmama to Fenway

User Tag List