marathons for $42 at target.com - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 377 Old 11-26-2008, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyboys View Post
Not to stir the pot, but I got mine (3 cowmooflauge) on Monday. They are manufacture dates of 10/08. My mom got a cancellation email.
Are you willing to part with any?
#362 of 377 Old 11-26-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie View Post
So, I just received an email from Target with a $25 gift certificate code and an apology for the pricing mistake on the carseats. They said that by redeeming the code, I would give up any right to pursue further action with them. I wonder if has anything to do with contacting the attorney general, or if it means that if I do not redeem it that I may have a shot at getting one of the seats at the advertised price.

Anyone else receive this email?

We got the e-mail, and we did not ever complain to anyone, never called or e-mailed customer service even, so I think everyone who ordered a seat got one.

Jillian wife to Ryan and mommy to Janelle Ashlynn (9/09/2002), Kincaid Chance (3/29/2004), Travis Neil (8/13/2007) and River Anderson (5/02/2009).
#363 of 377 Old 11-26-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimswamswum View Post
I got an e-mail and didn't contact the AG. I knew it was a mistake from the start. DD has a Britax Marathon that cost something like $250. We knew it was probably too good to be true but figured what the hey and tried to order another for a gift. Given the crap economy I'm surprised and impressed that Target's giving out anything.

I think it's incredibly generous that they're giving everyone $25. They certainly don't owe me anything. Mistakes happen and I'm totally over it.
I totally agree.

: Mama to ds (5) and dd (3) and .
#364 of 377 Old 11-26-2008, 09:56 PM

I got the email too. I had two separate orders, but used the same account. I just got the email once.

I think it was really generous of Target and I'm no longer upset/unhappy at all. Sure it would have been great to get such a deal on the seats, but it was a mistake. Either a pricing error or someone didn't program in when to deny orders as OOS.

I'm really happy for the people who got such a great deal on the seats! Meanwhile, I found a $5 off 50 code, used my $25, got the free shipping, and am happy with my $30 of free merchandise!

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
#365 of 377 Old 11-26-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyboys View Post
Not to stir the pot, but I got mine (3 cowmooflauge) on Monday. They are manufacture dates of 10/08. My mom got a cancellation email.
I got mine on Friday. DOM 10/24/2008. I'm very stoked since our Marathon is expiring :

CPST & mom

#366 of 377 Old 11-27-2008, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Calla~ View Post
I totally agree.

Exactly! I still don't understand why people got so upset over a mistake...I'm sure whoever made the mistake has already lost his job over this.

Jillian wife to Ryan and mommy to Janelle Ashlynn (9/09/2002), Kincaid Chance (3/29/2004), Travis Neil (8/13/2007) and River Anderson (5/02/2009).
#367 of 377 Old 11-27-2008, 03:26 AM

Why are they sending the cow ones but not the gray ones?

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#368 of 377 Old 11-27-2008, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee View Post
Why are they sending the cow ones but not the gray ones?
Good question

knit.gifMom of Many  jumpers.gif

#369 of 377 Old 11-27-2008, 10:31 AM

I got my gift card in today's email. I am a bit jealous that some people are getting their seats...wish it was me!

Alicia DH Mike DS Gage Lola & Zeus Fishy Dishy, Charkey and Shark
RIP Sidney 1994-2010 RIP Charlie Brown 2008-2010
#370 of 377 Old 11-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Banned

I got my order canceled and no $25 gift code. When I e-mailed them to tell them I would like my order honored or the $25 gift code they told me they were sorry but it was a simple pricing error.
I have e-mailed them again telling them that they need to honor my order or send me the $25 code. They can't really give some people either their seats or $25 and other people nothing. Now that's terrible customer service!
#371 of 377 Old 11-27-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmhpke96 View Post
I got my order canceled and no $25 gift code. When I e-mailed them to tell them I would like my order honored or the $25 gift code they told me they were sorry but it was a simple pricing error.
I have e-mailed them again telling them that they need to honor my order or send me the $25 code. They can't really give some people either their seats or $25 and other people nothing. Now that's terrible customer service!
Did you order through Amazon.com?

I did and haven't gotten anything and when I email Target, they blow me off and tell me to deal with Amazon. When I email Amazon, they tell me that Target is the one who sold the seat and made the error.
#372 of 377 Old 11-28-2008, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I got the $25 email too -- I think I am going to not cash in on it for now -- the disclaimer is interesting and makes me think they are only doing it because the attorney generals of various states have started investigating.

I mean, why would they wait this long to send out the emails offering the $25 credit?

I will let you know if I hear about from the attorney general about my complaint...
#373 of 377 Old 11-29-2008, 01:37 AM

By the way, I did a search on Ebay for the britax marathon cowmooflage prints...

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=bri...thon&_osacat=0

It seems like there are quite a few good deals --- my hunch is that some people who got theirs are already trying to make a profit. Not that there is anything wrong with that -- although I think I would sell mine (if I were lucky enough to get one) here on MDC. But it does increase my suspicion that LOTS of people got their seats...
#374 of 377 Old 11-30-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysmommy2004 View Post
Are you willing to part with any?
I wish I could for moms who I know really needed the seats, but we did too. I can't even feel good about the thought of gifting anyone our other seats because they are so close to expired and really worn. I mean REALLY worn. I'm sorry!
#375 of 377 Old 12-15-2008, 02:12 PM

I just wanted to let all of you know that the complaint I filled with our state's attorney general was responded to. I am told that lots of times they simply throw out the complaints and don't investigate unless they see cause to.

They ARE investigating the claim -- and are awaiting an official response from Target.

Just wanted to share...
#376 of 377 Old 12-15-2008, 02:25 PM

*subscribing*

I ordered two of these seats from Target after hearing about it on another forum. One for my 2yo and the other for the new baby to be born in April. Of course, mine was cancelled as well, and I got the $25 gift code, but have been holding off to see what else develops from this...Thanks for the update and I will keep watching...
#377 of 377 Old 12-16-2008, 12:15 AM

Yep, the attorney general from Vermont is investigating too. I got my letter on Saturday. I am going to wait and see what the response from Target is. Not holding my breath, but I am curious to see what happens in the end.

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page