marathons for $42 at target.com - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dang, so sorry to the mamas who aren't able to get through. I am so glad I got my order in! I am definitely very scared. I am going to be stalking my email every few minutes until delivery in January at this rate.

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#62 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:36 AM

I uhm bought ....

3 of which are needed (us, nanny, grandma) . 4 for ebay to cover the three I needed.

Former Special Ed Teacher  now SAHM mamma to 2 girls autismribbon.gif(4/06) and thumbsuck.gif (5/08) EBF via donor milk. Wife DH : Fur mamma to 2 pugs and 1 grey kitty - its a zoo around here!  pos.gif Feb 2013..Will you help feed our new blessing?winner.jpg

#63 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:36 AM

oh man, i was just going to order one, even though I don't *really* need it!
#64 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:37 AM

it wont let me on the web page... what a bummer....

: (

--Jenn
#65 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:39 AM

Yowza. I just tried to send a link to a friend, and I can't even get back to the page. I am thinking nearly every MDC mama that is online right now is crashing the Target server.

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#66 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:40 AM

I also don't need one, but couldn't resist. I've had "car seat envy" for so many years! I can't believe I will, hopefully, soon be able to put my toddler in an Marathon!!!!!

Extra tip: if you're a AAA member, you get an extra 10% off! Start at aaa.com/target, I believe.

btw, for those who said their order didn't go through, mine just did, including w. the 10% off and free shipping. Wow. I can't believe this!!!!!

Mama to four great girls: 14 , 12 , 7 and 4
#67 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie View Post
Dang, so sorry to the mamas who aren't able to get through. I am so glad I got my order in! I am definitely very scared. I am going to be stalking my email every few minutes until delivery in January at this rate.
Me too... I'm so hoping mine goes though. We *need* this seat (we had a car accident last week, so DD's seat is now unsafe to use)

knit.gifMom of Many  jumpers.gif

#68 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberMama View Post
http://www.target.com/gp/search/ref=...**&LNM=Primary

Go there, scroll down and click "add to cart"
Nope... can't do it... Well, I guess if anyone wants to take pity on a new mom with a colicky baby and a husband that's been out of work for 5 months and feels the need to re-sell one... feel free to contact me!

: )

jenn
#69 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn072075 View Post
Nope... can't do it... Well, I guess if anyone wants to take pity on a new mom with a colicky baby and a husband that's been out of work for 5 months and feels the need to re-sell one... feel free to contact me!

: )

jenn
Yeah, they just yanked them from that page as well.
#70 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:44 AM

Dang, if you do a search for Britax Marathon on the Target website now, the cheap seats are not even listed. I am betting they have sold out. Hopefully they didn't oversell.

I am so grateful that DS would not go to sleep tonight and I was toodling around on MDC way past my bedtime!

#71 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:47 AM

It says sold out now.
#72 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:48 AM

Are these still available??? I NEED a carseat for dd2 and I can't find them now on the target website. We are so broke, I wasn't even considering a britax for her, but at $42 it's less than any other seat! Please, if someone can link the page to me I would LOVE you!
#73 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:50 AM

They're gone.

We really needed them. Both of our littles need new carseats. I'm so upset.
#74 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:50 AM

I'm trying to call target customer service, and it's saying they are experiencing heavy call volume at this time... wait time is "several minutes long". Anyone else calling?

#75 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amylcd View Post
I'm trying to call target customer service, and it's saying they are experiencing heavy call volume at this time... wait time is "several minutes long". Anyone else calling?
No. Calling is a no no in the deal finding world. I'm serious.

Though MANY others are calling according to other sites. Sigh.
#76 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:54 AM

WOW! I bought it *just* in time. Like, right before 9:30pm. I was talking to my mom on the phone about it (she is going to pay me back for it b/c she wanted to buy us a car seat). I told her "I don't know how much longer this will be on sale," and then bought it! I also found a coupon code for 10% off: CWOFFERS . :

Anyway, slightly disappointed that it's not good for newborns, but now I can go with a Graco Snugride for the first few months since they only hold up to 25lbs. I couldn't buy a Britax Companion for the price of a Snugride + Marathon.

-
#77 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
If anyone does get through, please post and let us know if this is a legit deal. I so desperately need this seat!!!

I am almost half tempted to call and wait on hold to talk to a CS agent just to double/triple check that I can get my seat.

#78 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:57 AM

Quote:
No. Calling is a no no in the deal finding world. I'm serious.

Though MANY others are calling according to other sites. Sigh.
Good point! I will definitely not call. Dang, I am sweating bullets over here.

Anyone else hit the "new posts" button and giggle at the sheer volume of new threads that are about this seat?

#79 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 12:59 AM

I found this deal over on another board, and figured I'd pop over here and see if people were talking about it here.

I did get an order placed about 10 minutes before the error message went up and about 15 minutes before the items were pulled. I also got the ship date of 12-15.

We'll see what happens. It would be a blessing if it were true.
#80 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 01:01 AM

It's been said on another board by at least two people that they called and it was a price mistake.
#81 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 01:01 AM

Someone I know from another board called & spoke to a lady on customer service. She did say the prices were correct, though she wasn't 100% sure, her info said those 2 patterns were being cleared out for a newer model & said the sells would be honored. So not 100% I guess, but according to at least 1 phone call, we'll be getting seats.
#82 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 01:04 AM

it will be awesome if they dont oversell. we're broke right now, but i called my sis at work and told her i needed her credit card number, lol. when she heard why, she had me buy 3- one for us to replace our scenera un dhs car, one for her for all the various kids she drives around, and one for a baby shower gift for a friend of hers.

i really hope i dont get a cancellation email, my ship date was mid december to mid january

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
#83 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 01:05 AM

Quote:
It's been said on another board by at least two people that they called and it was a price mistake.
What board was it if you don't mind sharing? Or can you quote what they said at least?

-
#84 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layla983 View Post
Someone I know from another board called & spoke to a lady on customer service. She did say the prices were correct, though she wasn't 100% sure, her info said those 2 patterns were being cleared out for a newer model & said the sells would be honored. So not 100% I guess, but according to at least 1 phone call, we'll be getting seats.
I called. The price was correct!!! (and even more importantly, my order went though and I will be getting it in mid december The guy said that they have been getting calls all day because of this seat, and everyone wants to know if the price was correct - it IS.

#85 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 01:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I got one just in time too -- it was in the shopping cart in time I guess...

I really hope this is going to happen.

Some of you who got lots might consider the Holiday Helper thread!!

Can you imagine what a wonderful Xmas gift that would make for one of our needy moms?

I would LOVE to hear if anyone actually talked to Target on the phone. Wow. If this actually happens at this price I will be SOOOO excited!!
#86 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 01:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I called. The price was correct!!! (and even more importantly, my order went though and I will be getting it in mid december The guy said that they have been getting calls all day because of this seat, and everyone wants to know if the price was correct - it IS.
:

I am SOOOO happy!!
#87 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Wow. I sure hope so!

Side note: I feel sorry for their Customer Service Reps! I work at a call center, and I can't begin to tell you how CRAZY it gets when there is some sort of outage/issue that 5 million people call in about. I mean, yeah, consumers have a right to know, but trust me, as much of a PITA as it is to wait to talk to a Rep, it's a PITA to have to explain something to the 100th person that day.

-
#88 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

Thank goodness!
#89 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 01:12 AM

I'm so sad I missed out on this. I really want the Cowmooflauge print for my little one. Oh well. Maybe with my tax refund.
#90 of 377 Old 11-17-2008, 01:12 AM

I know I'm going to upset more people but don't count your chickens yet.. not until the egg (err, car seat) has SHIPPED.

People have called Target and other retailers about similar deals in the past, been told by the employee that yes, it's a legit deal and then bam, they receive THE email "Sorry it was a price mistake" or "Sorry, we're out of stock" (LIE!), etc. etc.

I'm crossing my fingers for you all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page