marathons for $42 at target.com - Mothering Forums
1 2  3  11  ... Last
Family Safety > marathons for $42 at target.com
goodheartedmama's Avatar goodheartedmama 09:07 PM 11-16-2008
in granite, cowmooflauge for $59 or something like that.

Hopefully they won't pull the same stunt as baby universe a couple months back

Oh, and they are the 33 lb seats, but a great deal that you can't obviously beat

ETA: the estimated arrival date is mid-december to early january, by the way.

midnightmommy's Avatar midnightmommy 09:18 PM 11-16-2008
I am so glad you posted this! My husband and I have been debating what to do come June. Our decision was just made! Free shipping even!
an_aurora's Avatar an_aurora 09:19 PM 11-16-2008
sapphire_chan's Avatar sapphire_chan 09:30 PM 11-16-2008
If they're 33lbs seats, what's the DOM?
goodheartedmama's Avatar goodheartedmama 09:32 PM 11-16-2008
I'm not sure, but it didn't seem like the biggest deal considering the price. Even if I lose a year or a year and a half, it's still a great deal.
avivaelona's Avatar avivaelona 09:41 PM 11-16-2008
I just bought one as an extra to have for grandma but can you explain what you mean by "33 pound seats" ?

ah never mind, friend just explained it.
an_aurora's Avatar an_aurora 09:43 PM 11-16-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by avivaelona View Post
I just bought one as an extra to have for grandma but can you explain what you mean by "33 pound seats" ?
Marathons (and Boulevards for that matter) newer than late February 2008 have a RF weight limit of 35 pounds. All the older ones have a 33 lb weight limit.

So, these seats are at the newest mid-February 2008. Fine by me--for that price, I don't mind in the slightest, since I really don't need 35 lb weight limits. I don't plan on using it the full 6 years anyway (our seats get really nasty well before then ).
AngelBee's Avatar AngelBee 09:46 PM 11-16-2008
There are gray ones for 42.99
aja-belly's Avatar aja-belly 09:47 PM 11-16-2008
got 2!
dachshund mom's Avatar dachshund mom 09:57 PM 11-16-2008
Do these really work for newborns?

That's cheaper than a second base for the bucket seat I've been looking at. Maybe I'll get it for DH's car and then transfer it to my car when we outgrow the bucket.
AngelBee's Avatar AngelBee 09:58 PM 11-16-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshund mom View Post

That's cheaper than a second base for the bucket seat I've been looking at. Maybe I'll get it for DH's car and then transfer it to my car when we outgrow the bucket.
It says 5lb and up.
skybluepink02's Avatar skybluepink02 09:58 PM 11-16-2008
Thank you so, so, so much! I've been stressing about affording seats for these babies and now I got two of the best seats available for less than one crappy seat would cost! I can not tell you how excited I am!
Shelsi's Avatar Shelsi 09:58 PM 11-16-2008
If these are the old ones why don't they have them to ship right away? I ordered one and it says the estimated ship date is in about 4 weeks. You'd think if they were truly the old ones they'd have them right there.

Either way I don't personally care. We don't need the 35 lb rfing limit...dd is super tiny and this is just a spare seat for dh's car that we don't use often.
goodheartedmama's Avatar goodheartedmama 10:01 PM 11-16-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshund mom View Post

It doesn't really fit most newborns, because the lowest harness slot is pretty high.

For the bucket, though, you can always install it in the second car without the base (not sure that all seats allow this, but I think most do).
an_aurora's Avatar an_aurora 10:02 PM 11-16-2008
The estimated delivery date on mine is tomorrow.

They are NOT suitable for newborns. The lowest strap is 10", which is too tall for the vast majority of newborns.
Shelsi's Avatar Shelsi 10:03 PM 11-16-2008
For those asking, I personally wouldn't use them right off the bat with a newborn. A marathon looks ginormous for most newborns and I really don't think the average newborn will fit properly. I think it is a wonderful seat from about 4+ months depending on how big and tall your baby is.
Friday13th's Avatar Friday13th 10:04 PM 11-16-2008
*dies from what an unbelievably good deal she just got*
Shelsi's Avatar Shelsi 10:05 PM 11-16-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
Wow! My estimated delivery date is Dec 18 - Jan 6! It'll be interesting to see what the difference in DOM is on our seats.
goodheartedmama's Avatar goodheartedmama 10:07 PM 11-16-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post

They are NOT suitable for newborns. The lowest strap is 10", which is too tall for the vast majority of newborns.
did you select priority shipping or something? I'm jealous, but of course I don't need it for a couple more months.

Am I the only one giddy with excitement over this deal? DH doesn't quite get why I was soooo excited about it.
an_aurora's Avatar an_aurora 10:07 PM 11-16-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelsi View Post
Wow! My estimated delivery date is Dec 18 - Jan 6! It'll be interesting to see what the difference in DOM is on our seats.
Ooops, I meant ship date is tomorrow, estimated delivery is November 24. Not bad though!
Eman'smom's Avatar Eman'smom 10:11 PM 11-16-2008
Wow amazing just got dd another one, can't beat that.
feminist~mama's Avatar feminist~mama 10:17 PM 11-16-2008
Ahhh! The Cow one is $60!!!!

Click here!

I already placed an order. Shoot. Maybe I should get this one. It's so cute!
goodheartedmama's Avatar goodheartedmama 10:21 PM 11-16-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by feminist~mama View Post
Ahhh! The Cow one is $60!!!!

Click here!

I already placed an order. Shoot. Maybe I should get this one. It's so cute!
I know! I wanted one, but I figured I'd just save $20.
amj'smommy's Avatar amj'smommy 10:21 PM 11-16-2008
I'm so PSYCHED!!!! I got the cowmoo one for the little bub on the way!! I've always wanted one
feminist~mama's Avatar feminist~mama 10:29 PM 11-16-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheartedmama View Post
I know! I wanted one, but I figured I'd just save $20.
I thought that too- but then ended up placing an order for the cow one too! I'm somewhat concerned that these will sell out- so I figured I was actually just covering my bases by ordering them both. If I really don't need them when they arrive I'll return the cow one- ahem- maybe. Lol. Cause by that time, the money's been spent, right?
BeckC's Avatar BeckC 10:31 PM 11-16-2008
I was just coming over here to post this.

Holy cow what a deal! I just bought 2! DH was like "Um we're not even homestudy approved yet, don't you think we should wait?" Sorry sweetie, for that price, I'm getting them now!
northwoods1995's Avatar northwoods1995 10:33 PM 11-16-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelsi View Post

OMG. Thank you so much for posting this. I could seriously cry b/c of this price!! This is the estimated delivery date I just got for the one I ordered.
amj'smommy's Avatar amj'smommy 10:36 PM 11-16-2008
Anyone know why they're so cheap? not that I'm complaining, lol.
StoriesInTheSoil's Avatar StoriesInTheSoil 10:41 PM 11-16-2008
I was browsing Target.com and found this... I think the universe is finally on my side on SOMETHING. We weren't going to be able to afford a new carseat for our HUGE baby and we were going to have to buy a used, very cheap seat. Now, we have a friggin BRITAX! I'm so stoked. If this doesn't work out, I will seriously cry.
birthjunkie27's Avatar birthjunkie27 10:50 PM 11-16-2008
I noticed that on the photos of the 2 seats that are on sale, they don't picture the latch connectors and on all of the other seats, they do.

I'm not saying that they don't come with latch... I just find it odd that they don't picture the latch connectors.

Anyways, SWEET DEAL!!!!
1 2  3  11  ... Last

Up