Names? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 46 Old 08-04-2007, 04:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
but I'm a member of Planet Jennifer,
Bwahahaha... what a great way of putting it!

My best friend was named Jennifer. I say "was," because although that's what it still says on her official documents, nobody EVER calls her that. She introduces herself:

"Hi, I'm Danny. It's short for Jennifer. I'm named after my grandmother Mathilde."

And it's all true!
#32 of 46 Old 08-04-2007, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironica View Post
"Hi, I'm Danny. It's short for Jennifer. I'm named after my grandmother Mathilde."
:

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#33 of 46 Old 08-04-2007, 11:38 AM

If we have a girl her name will most likely be Delaney or Delanie
If we have a boy we're clueless.
I thought Kaden was going to be unusual, and then I had him and it seems every kid is named Kaden LOL. My name is Marelle (first 3 letters out of Margret and the next 4 out of Ellen, which was my grandma's name.) pronounced Ma-relle. So I wanted something different for my kids too, well no such luck.

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#34 of 46 Old 08-05-2007, 08:26 AM

the only name we really really like right now is sydney my daughters name is kaulini though so we'll see!

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#35 of 46 Old 08-05-2007, 11:02 AM

We already have both our names picked out The girl one was left from the lest pregnancy and the middle and both boy names are family ones. We like traditional names and also fmaily names because it makes them more meaningful to us. Let's see if we don't change our mind though!

Melissa knit.gifmilitary wife to C : Mom to Ben (4.26.06) ,Will (4.07.08), Sam (10.11.10), and expecting a GIRL in March 2013!

#36 of 46 Old 08-05-2007, 11:42 AM

Our last name is Scots-Irish. For our son, we chose an Irish first name (Aidan) and a Scottish middle name (Leith). This time, I'm kind of stuck on Aislinn Skye for a girl--as with our son's name, the first name would be Irish and the second name would be Scottish (a physical area of Scotland in both cases--actually, my family came to America from the Skye region in the late 1700s, so it has special meaning). For a boy? I dunno. I tend to favor names that begin with vowels (Ewan is at the top of my list...but I also like Liam and Cian). I have no idea about the middle name yet. I love Ewan Morrissey, but I don't know if dh would go for that. And I really want to have an Irish name and a Scottish name. It's good that I have a while to think about this.
#37 of 46 Old 08-05-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriljoy View Post
Aislinn Skye for a girl
LOVE IT!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#38 of 46 Old 08-05-2007, 01:03 PM

We love the name Keaton Rebecca for a girl, and have no clue what to name a boy. I like the name William. It's a family name. I love it shortened to Will, but really hate the name Bill, so that may cause it to be out.

Amanda, Wife to James and Mom to Bub (11/00), Gracie (5/02), Brystol (7/09), Elleigh (3/11) and Piper (10/11).  angel1.gif  Missing our angels: Bean (12/05@6w) Ainsley (10/06@10w) Zachary (4/07@22w) Sweet Pea (8/07@9w) Twin B (12/08@8w) and Lil Bit (8/10@8w).

winner.jpgadoptionheart-1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifselectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpg

#39 of 46 Old 08-05-2007, 01:15 PM

During my last pregnancy, DH and I kept picking boys names that we couldn't use because people we know used them – like Finn and Owen.
We're now thinking that a boy would be Declan (a bit of a hommage to Elvis Costello, too) and a girl, Alice. DH's last name is Johnson.

Megan, loving her sweet rainbow1284.gif boys, born Aug. 2008 and Feb. 2011, and their sister, born still March 2007 candle.gif
#40 of 46 Old 08-06-2007, 07:34 PM

Wow, I'm soooo not good at coming up with names:
Ds #1 is Willem Christopher (middle name after dh) first name because we liked it and my mom didn't : AND he was named when he was 4 days old.
Ds#2 is Gabriel Evan, not named after anyone in particular. He was named 9 days after birth but we didn't announce it until Thanksgiving (11 days pp).

I loved the name Niah Mireya (NEYE-ah mir-AYE-ah) Kaleo Serene (meaning heavenly voice) for a girl last time around but dh thinks they are too exotic (and we have a pretty common last name. But then again, "Monique" is always the call girl or the exotic dancer in movies and I've even been told that "Dr. Monique" doesn't sound right so it seems most of my patients use my first name only after a few visits. So maybe dh is right on the exotic sounding names.

I have absolutely no idea this soon in the pregnancy.
#41 of 46 Old 08-07-2007, 01:55 AM

I grew up being one of a gazillion Emily's in the 80's, so we wanted something that wasn't too popular, but wasn't too unsual. Older dd is Jillian and younger dd is Natalie. Natalie is more popular than I would like, but we rarely call her that. She is mosly Nannie or Nan.

If it's a girl, we have Evangeline Louise picked out. (Although I do like Meredith and Penelope, too.) Louise is my sister's middle name, and she'll be doing all my Bradley classes with me and will be my main labor coach. We are best friends.

If it's a boy...well, we have a short list but no strong leaders. I'm leaning towards Colin, Gregory, or Samuel.
#42 of 46 Old 08-07-2007, 02:07 AM

We have a girls name picked out.. but these are a few others we are considering Tia or Laney.

And the boys name is SOO up in the air, lol..my FAV right now is Silas

Stacy ~ Mama to 4 and #5 due in February
#43 of 46 Old 08-07-2007, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORLY? View Post
MissAnn- I really like the name "Daylen"! I've never heard that one before. I've met a lot of Dallins but never a Daylen.
We call him Day most of the time or Day-Day.

Now I understand why one of my friends always called him Dallin. I had never heard that one before.
#44 of 46 Old 08-07-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAnnThrope View Post
We call him Day most of the time or Day-Day.

Now I understand why one of my friends always called him Dallin. I had never heard that one before.
I told my husband about this name and he said he loves it. We'll probably use "Daylen" someday. :
Yeah, "Dallin" is fairly common over here, it has a lot of history in these parts.
#45 of 46 Old 08-07-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lullabymama View Post
I grew up being one of a gazillion Emily's in the 80's, so we wanted something that wasn't too popular, but wasn't too unsual. Older dd is Jillian and younger dd is Natalie. Natalie is more popular than I would like, but we rarely call her that. She is mosly Nannie or Nan.

If it's a girl, we have Evangeline Louise picked out. (Although I do like Meredith and Penelope, too.) Louise is my sister's middle name, and she'll be doing all my Bradley classes with me and will be my main labor coach. We are best friends.

If it's a boy...well, we have a short list but no strong leaders. I'm leaning towards Colin, Gregory, or Samuel.
Now, see, what are the odds of that? Evangeline is down in the 500s (and not on the SSA's list before that) & here we have two folks planning to use it!

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

#46 of 46 Old 08-07-2007, 01:41 PM

Ugh, Im good at picking names, but can never find names to go along with the ones I like. And the ones I like are never compatable.
We like the idea of having a first and middle name, but using the middle name as the name the world knows the babe by. (dd#1 is actually Laurie Antonia, but we call her Antonia or Toni. (laurie is my mom, and my middle name is laura ann. I was trying to recreate that somehow) SHe has my last name, but We are going to change it to Df's
This babe will have DF's extraordinarily long italian last name as well. ....Giambattista

We love non mainstream extravagant italian and greek names,hate place/location/unisex names.

Our Favorites so far are

Boy
Vincenzo
Paulo
Massimo

Girl
Camilla

We like these names for the middle...the one we want to call the babe by, but when it comes to finding something to sound good with it, we are lost.

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page