Who's going to be surprised? Who's finding out? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 08-06-2007, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've actually considered finding out this time. Just not sure. I'm deadset against ultrasound but I've wasted a lot of money with my other pgs planning for a girl I don't know if it's how much I've been vomitting that is sort of wearing off the novelty of pregnancy for me or what, but I just kind of want to know. Watch me go and change my mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 37 Old 08-07-2007, 12:03 AM

I think we will have one u/s. If they can tell, good. If not, good. I know it's weird, but I can't stand the thought of someone else (dr./us tech) knowing more about my baby than me. :
#33 of 37 Old 08-07-2007, 12:51 AM

We will surely find out.. We will have several u/S's due to past losses and my U/S tech is my SIL and she will see it, so if she knows.. I should know right?? I dont want to be the one sitting by her going on about how I really think it is a "boy/girl" and her smirking because she knows, lmbo...

Stacy ~ Mama to 4 and #5 due in February
#34 of 37 Old 08-07-2007, 01:37 AM
ltk

probably finding out. I caved last time and I will really l want to know if I should save all the boy clothes I have under our bed right now! but if they cannot tell, I will live with that too! trying to be ZEN about the gender, although I am dreaming girl!:
#35 of 37 Old 08-07-2007, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All together ooky View Post
dot2dot:
My DD told me that she asked Jesus for a sister. I said, "what if it's a boy?" And she said, "I want a sister." She is adamant.

I worry about her dissapointment if it turns out to be a boy.
Do we share dd's? Seriously, this is almost exactly what my older dd said. She's very insistent that it's a girl (which is 1000% fine with me) and I said "What if God gives us a boy?" She just said "No. Girl." Who knows!

Anyway, we didn't find out the sex the first two times, and won't this time either. For a few reasons:
-LOVE the surprise. It's totally against my nature. I'm a planner and I hate surprises.
-Drives people nuts
-Dh will be in Iraq when I could find out. It just looses something when you have to find out what you're having over email.
-It's darn good motivation when you want to give up.
#36 of 37 Old 08-07-2007, 08:18 AM

those are GREAT reasons!! ill have to rememebr those when i get all weak and want to find out.
another factor for me is my dr's office doesnt do the u/s around that time so if you want to find out the sex you have to go off base and pay for somene to do it. we dont have the money so that should help us too!!

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#37 of 37 Old 08-07-2007, 12:56 PM

We found out with the first 2 (my intuition was right both times) but we probably won't be finding out this time. I don't plan on having an ultrasound unless medically necessary or if I feel like I need one. We already have a spring girl and a spring boy, so we have almost everything we need. I'm a "planner" but I don't need to know this time. I'm excited about having a surprise.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page