I'm almost embarassed to ask... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 08-03-2007, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...but is anyone else an emotional wreck?

I don't mean in a "BAD" way really. I'm just all, well, emotional. Especially with my 16 month old. I stare at her and get all weepy & all "OMG, I LOOOOOOOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!" KWIM? And I was looking at my 5 yr. old the other day and told DH "Look at her, she is SO beautiful, I just can't believe it!" I guess I didn't realize how long I was looking at her, DH snapped me out of it a few min. later by asking me if I was "done beholding her beauty yet." I'm just so HAPPY and weepy about it, LOL! Guess it's not a bad thing. : And I am DEFINATELY still not off the high of finding out yet either! It's so surreal & this is number 5! Never gets old!!

Anyone else? Please don't make me look like the only fool here, fess up!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#2 of 16 Old 08-03-2007, 10:14 AM

I'm there. Not as bad as you... but there.

I've been snatching up Ds to give him extra lovins and kisses. (he hates it and always wants to get away )

I'm more weepy than anything. I can read something remotely touching and I'm fighting back the tears. : I have also gotten a bad case of the giggles a few times.
#3 of 16 Old 08-03-2007, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAnnThrope View Post
I'm there. Not as bad as you... but there.
HEY!

:

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#4 of 16 Old 08-03-2007, 10:21 AM

Not quite as...err...amplified as yours, but yes.

I've been much more patient with DD and it just struck me by how little time I have left with her before she has to share me with another babe!

I'm worried that we'll be rushing her growing up and that's made me pretty weepy.
#5 of 16 Old 08-03-2007, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariM View Post
Not quite as...err...amplified as yours, but yes.
What is it with you people? This is meant to be a SUPPORTIVE place!

#6 of 16 Old 08-03-2007, 10:41 AM

I can't even watch or listen to the frikkin NEWS any more! I totally lose it over anything remotely sad or related to kids. dh won't let me watch any more about the Minneapolis bridge thing. I don't remember being this emotional last time--I was mostly really mad (serious road rage!).

One of the old wives' tales I've heard is that anger in the first tri means a boy; weepiness means a girl. Obviously based on gender stereotypes, though modern versions talk about testosterone vs estrogen etc...

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#7 of 16 Old 08-03-2007, 10:45 AM

Hmmmm.....I went through a weepy faze before I tested positive (cried at a song on the radio). But, now I have less patience and it's kind of bringing me down. And I'm more angry. I'd rather be weepy.

Last time I was pregnant I got potty mouth. I never swear normally.
#8 of 16 Old 08-03-2007, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanaduMama View Post
One of the old wives' tales I've heard is that anger in the first tri means a boy; weepiness means a girl. Obviously based on gender stereotypes, though modern versions talk about testosterone vs estrogen etc...
Interesting, I'm going to keep that in mind!

#9 of 16 Old 08-03-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanaduMama View Post
Hmmm...does that mean I'm having a boy?!
#10 of 16 Old 08-03-2007, 12:18 PM

Deleted by user.
#11 of 16 Old 08-03-2007, 12:27 PM

I am not too sentimental and lovey with everyone (although I have done a lot of singing and dancing around the house with them because I am so excited I can't stand it!). Instead I am very short tempered. It is hard because I know that I am not being reasonable, so I am biting my tongue all day long! Staring at my kids with overflowing love sounds much nicer for everyone
#12 of 16 Old 08-03-2007, 12:35 PM

Yesterday was a tear bath. I cried listening to music, watching TV reruns, I cried about the torta my husband so thoughtfully picked up for me, a very sweet gesture indeed.
And, you must understand, I am totally not a crier, I'm not a weepy person. I actually tend to make fun of people like this.
Karma, anyone?
#13 of 16 Old 08-03-2007, 01:57 PM

I've been somewhat weepy, no actual tears, but lots of "being on the verge". I don't know if it's entirely the pregnancy, or the fact that I'm away from DH and home for 3 weeks in Europe, or the fact that I'm here staying with good friends who just had their first baby on Monday. But I like the idea that it might mean a girl!
#14 of 16 Old 08-03-2007, 10:35 PM

Today while riding down the interstate there was a van that had window paint on the back window saying "Happy 10th Birthday Avery" I got all teary thinking about the 10th birthday and about my babies turning 10. I had to knock it off because I was in the car with MIL and didn't want to start bawling over it
I would have had to fess up then.
#15 of 16 Old 08-03-2007, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

My LAST baby is named Avery!

#16 of 16 Old 08-03-2007, 11:21 PM

I've been very giggly and silly, which I prefer to raging biatch, but it still a bit annoying

Laura

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page