Nesting - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-03-2007, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, the phenomina formerly known to indicate the "end is near" has hit already! I didn't know it could strike early! I am obsessed with cleaning & organizing. I guess it's a good thing. I wish it would hit my kids as well! Anyone else feeling the urge to "prepare the nest" or am I going to be laughed at in this thread too?

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#2 of 10 Old 08-03-2007, 11:26 AM

Definitely! (That I feel it too, not that I'm going to laugh at you .) Right after our FBCF (Flagrant BC Failure), I had two nights where the kids were all away and DH was off on a business trip. I used the time to rearrange the living and dining room and straighten the bedrooms.

I sort of feel like I will *die* if I don't get everything in the house organized before the third trimester hits and I can barely waddle up the stairs. I've been trying to get organized for years, but this pg is a pretty massive motivator.
#3 of 10 Old 08-03-2007, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiejane08 View Post
I sort of feel like I will *die* if I don't get everything in the house organized before the third trimester hits and I can barely waddle up the stairs. I've been trying to get organized for years, but this pg is a pretty massive motivator.
Yes, right there with ya! Such a sence of urgency & I am just 5.5 weeks!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#4 of 10 Old 08-03-2007, 11:47 AM

Yup! I'm there too. I'm thinking it's a good thing to organize before I'm huge.
I'm sitting here in the "office" and looking at all the things we'll have to move out of here to make this a nursery.
#5 of 10 Old 08-03-2007, 11:50 AM

We're out of bedrooms, but that should be fine for the first half a year to year or so (we'll have them in with us). After that . . . well, we should have a free bedroom by then .
#6 of 10 Old 08-03-2007, 12:18 PM

Oh my gosh. I'm already OCD. School is starting up so I'm trying to get as much stuff done as possible. I'm into OAMC in a big way.
By the time the baby gets here we'll be moving into a new home! My hubby finishes school in the spring and we'll be moving where ever he gets a job. So I won't really have an oppurtunity to nest properly. :
#7 of 10 Old 08-03-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
We're out of bedrooms, but that should be fine for the first half a year to year or so (we'll have them in with us).
I just realized I said "we'll have them in with us." Somehow I have this subconscious idea I'm having twins! It's totally baseless, but hey.
#8 of 10 Old 08-03-2007, 01:32 PM

I can't wait to get home and go through my embarrassingly large diaper stash again- I've been working on it for over a year, and now I can look at it with new eyes! :
#9 of 10 Old 08-03-2007, 11:20 PM

Me, me!

The day after our positive test I was going crazy cleaning in the kitchen - washing walls, etc. It was just bizarre!

Today I was on a de-cluttering binge. Cleaned out my closet, weeded out DD's too small clothes, inventoried her clothes.

We also sorted through all the old baby equipment in the attic and realized I gave away all the newborn clothing except one onesie and a pair of pants. :
#10 of 10 Old 08-04-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
We're out of bedrooms, but that should be fine for the first half a year to year or so (we'll have them in with us). After that . . . well, we should have a free bedroom by then .
I'm so sorry.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page