Can't stop POAS . . . but it *is* reassuring :lol - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-04-2007, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I took another digital test this morning just to ease my fears that this is too good to be true. I'm only 14 dpo and AF isn't due till tomorrow, so I'm kind of holding my breath for that first big m/c milestone.

Fortunately, the digital said I'm still pregnant! (Well, it didn't use the word "still" )

I know you can't interpret the lines on the stick in the usual way since digitals measure more than just hcg, but I was also reassured by the strikingly darker second line on this morning's test than the one two days ago. Whatever it measures, I'm making more of it.
#2 of 12 Old 08-04-2007, 09:40 AM

Step away from the tests, slowly.

It's OK...here's a secret...they will be positive the ENTIRE pregnancy! :

But, hey, if you're enjoying it, pee away I say!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#3 of 12 Old 08-04-2007, 11:26 AM

Me too, but I used the $1 tests since I have like 20 left LOL. It's getting darker!

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#4 of 12 Old 08-04-2007, 11:31 AM

I did a 4th test this morning too. I like seeing my lines get darker. I have one more and it is a Digi. I'm saving that one for later. I have them I might as well use them. Next time I *need* to use one they'll be expired.
#5 of 12 Old 08-04-2007, 02:07 PM

i love poas! i know some of you understand me! but i use the $ store ones. and truth be told, i have only done 2 tests.

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
#6 of 12 Old 08-09-2007, 12:56 AM

I'm totally convinced that when I go tomorrow to the NP that their test will come up negative and everyone will say "Ha ha! April Fool-you're not really pregnant."

I took two tests the first day, and today, I stopped on the way home and bought two more-took one in the afternoon, toally positive. I'm going to take one more tomorrow morning. Maybe after the NP visit I'll feel better.
#7 of 12 Old 08-09-2007, 12:58 AM

It hadn't even occurred to me to pee on more than one stick so I could see the line get darker. You're putting ideas in my head, lol.
#8 of 12 Old 08-09-2007, 01:58 AM

I have been poas daily for almost 2 weeks.. I had a 20 pack of internet cheapies and think I have 6? left??

Stacy ~ Mama to 4 and #5 due in February
#9 of 12 Old 08-09-2007, 11:17 AM

You all are cracking me up!!!:
#10 of 12 Old 08-09-2007, 02:16 PM

I'm totally with you, even though I've peed on three so far, I have two left. Worst part is that my husband is encouraging this behavior! He wants to see the positive line to be as dark as the "test done correctly" line. I told him, "hey, we've got nine months, I'll pee on another one in a few days."
#11 of 12 Old 08-09-2007, 03:02 PM

I just got my results today from my second beta - first was 160, second is 400! That's more than double in 48 hours! Yay

The first day I tested, I used a $Tree, Aimstick, IC, and CBE non-digital. All had lines except the IC, so I ran out and bought a CBE digital and got a positive there, too! Then I went to the lab but could only do another pee test without a doctor's order, so I did, but it turned up inconclusive!!???

So every day since I've been testing with the remaining $Tree and Aimsticks, watching the lines get darker. But today I have official confirmation with the beta, so I think I am going to stop. I have one more digi left (it was a 2-pack), so I think I'll wait until we tell DH's parents at the end of September, and give FIL a positive digi in his birthday gift!

Lacy 35 and Chris 35, DS Jakob 2, and EDD 1/1/11
#12 of 12 Old 08-09-2007, 03:55 PM

I kept taking HPTs until I got my beta results too. I didn't have any symptoms at first so seeing that second line was extremely reasurring!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page