I'm going to cut off my nose. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-06-2007, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My sinuses are so dry. Granted, we live in a dry climate, but I've never had dry sinuses. It gives me a headache. I really want to get a humidifier, I even found one on craigslist for cheap, but we are down to dirt this week and it will be a while.

So Im going to sit on the toilet and turn on the hot water in the shower again. It feels so wasteful, but it hurts to breathe my nose is so dry! I remember this being a symptom in some book somewhere (don't they all just kind of blend together after a while?) so I was wondering if anyone else is as dried out as me

Im also super hot. This is normal for me. I made that 5 degree shift on the thermometer-A/C thingy today and that won't go away until winter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2007, 02:55 AM

I'm not dried out... I get the other way normally. But maybe if you boil pots of water on the stove instead of running water would work? I used to do this. You could even drop in some scented oil too.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:33 AM - Thread Starter

Ive decided to really try to avoid artificial scents, and even essential oils, until my second trimester. I've sort of "trained" myself to be highly susceptible to them, and use them as aromatherapy and in baths and in oils and the like, and knowing this I've decided to steer clear and I'm doing no-shampoo again. Just one of my paranoid "things".

But! I did have some tea today, and that REALLY helped, but I am just going to have to buck up and buy a humidifier sometime when I can manage it. -sigh- I guess I should be glad I'm alone in this, lol, it HURTS!
Old 08-06-2007, 10:27 AM

But, still... (It's not every day you see such a violent thread title! )

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAnnThrope View Post
I'm not dried out... I get the other way normally. But maybe if you boil pots of water on the stove instead of running water would work? I used to do this. You could even drop in some scented oil too.
That's what I normally do... put a large pot of water on the stove to boil! I'll add fresh lemons or oranges to the pot... makes the house smell super yummy!

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

Old 08-06-2007, 01:50 PM

the citrus sounds really good. my mom used to keep a pot of water on during the winter with cinnamom sticks.

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
Old 08-06-2007, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Yes! I used to take any fruit that was a little past due and boil it. LOL, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didnt ROFL cinnamon, however, was always lovely.
Too early for pregnancy brain? Duh, I didn't even think about that. Ya'll need to tell me what, besides flower petals LOL, I should stick in my bath, too!

Here's hoping the next two months go by quickly
Old 08-06-2007, 07:10 PM

Cinnamon makes my nose hurt. I hate shopping at Christmas time because it is like every place you go into reeks of cinnamon. Give me a head ache too.

User Tag List