What are you eating? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-07-2007, 02:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I loaded ds and dh in the car at some time after 11pm to go to Sonic. I wanted a cream slush and when I got there I noticed they now have Jalapeño crispy strips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2007, 02:08 AM

Protein. I made a leg of lamb for dinner; as an afterthought, I also made some green beans and tomatoes. ;-) Carbs give me nasty heartburn, so I'm keeping those to a minimum. Fats are featuring; I ate an avocado today. With a spoon. (This is not unusual for me, though.)

Of course, DS (who is still nursing) reacts to gluten, dairy, and canola, while I react to soy, so I can't have the Milky Way Bars and Pringles and cheesecake like y'all are indulging in in that other thread ;-). But I did make some chocolate cupcakes on Saturday so we'd have something to enjoy at a birthday party, and I have leftover coconut-milk ice cream (peach and strawberry flavors) in the freezer from my son's birthday party.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:11 AM - Thread Starter

Where do I get this coconut milk ice cream?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:17 AM

I'm eating what I normally eat, but I'm also craving Wendy's! We were doing so well at not getting fast food until this craving.

:::
Old 08-07-2007, 02:30 AM
ltk

when I felt normal earlier today, I ate chicken tacos...as the nausea set in, I found myself buying lassi (plain yogurt drink), then for dinner I could NOT eat the coconut curry I made my family sooooo i at cucmbers, feta and pumpkin seeds....on to watermelon now. I have never been grossed out by my own cooking!:
Old 08-07-2007, 02:47 AM

I'm starving all the time right now. So I can pretty much eat anything and everything. Morning sickness usually doesn't hit me until closer to 8 weeks.

I have been visited by indigestion, so I have to watch out for certain things like garlic bread and heavy marinara sauces. No real cravings right now except for the "no no's" like fast food (especially In N Out) and coke. : Maybe it's my body's way of saying I need more fat? Yep. That it. lol!

MissAnnThrope- I hope you enjoyed Sonic. We don't have one close here, but we ate there a lot when we lived down South.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:58 AM

Yum.. Sonic and Wendys!!

I am trying to eat what sounds good, not overeat it though, and then not snack.. DONT ask me how that is working for me right now, lol...

I am craving Subway.. which is actually not to UNhealthy.. but our local Subway is closed until Thursday for remodelling!! ACK! I want it.. I would almost drive the extra 10 minutes one way to the next nearest one.. but I am trying to be patient. lol

Stacy ~ Mama to 4 and #5 due in February
Old 08-07-2007, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Where do I get this coconut milk ice cream?
Well, from your ice cream maker.... ;-)

Recipe:
1 can coconut milk (14 oz.)
sweetener to taste (I usually use 1/2 cup agave nectar; remember, it's sweeter before it's frozen)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
Fruits, spices, flavorings of your choice... I like fresh peaches with cinnamon, or fresh strawberries, or my own version of Cherry Garcia with fresh cherries and (dairy- and soy-free) chocolate chips

Put all ingredients (except any fruit you want chunky) in blender. Blend until homogenous. (If you're using peaches, take out the stones and put them in skin and all... if you whir it enough, the fuzziness goes away but you keep all the nutrients.)

Pour into ice cream maker and freeze as instructed.

Enjoy!
Old 08-07-2007, 07:37 AM

I'm kind of more focused on what I'm *not* eating : : chocolate, port, sorbet, . . .

I haven't tested my blood sugar in several years, so I have this irrational fear that I'm actually diabetic and don't know it. I'm sure I'm not--I'm not overweight, I'm not a couch potato, and I have no symptoms. But they always say that GD in pregnancy is a sign of increased risk for Type II diabetes "at a later age." And I just turned 40, which until very recently seemed like quite a "later age" to me .

So I'm eating smaller portions and combining fat and protein with carbs: banana with peanut butter; whole yogurt with All-Bran and fruit; cheese and Wasa crackers. I confess I've had a few of those Magnum ice cream things, too--they have so much fat, that must counterbalance the carbs!

I've got to pick up one of DD#1's prescriptions this afternoon, so I'm planning to scope out (and maybe buy) one of the blood glucose monitors while I'm there. I'll need it within 3 months, anyway, and I can put my fears to rest now.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:08 AM

My morning sickness set in with a vengeance on Friday- and the only time I feel decent is when I'm eating. Since I'm away from home and in Prague, I am having trouble finding things that I really *want* to eat...all the things I'm craving are things from home- rice, bean, cheese burritos from a local taco stand, Costco cheese pizza, watermelon, etc.

I CANNOT wait to get home- not only to see DH, but to eat yummy home food, and sleep in my own bed. Having m/s away from home sucks!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:17 AM

I've been craving bean and cheese tacos. Maybe my body's telling me I need more protein?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:41 AM

More than I want to! :

I have *no* appetite most days and have to struggle to get down the 80g protein I should be eating. I actually gagged on some chicken a few days ago.

Is anyone else who's nursing having a tough time eating for 3?

I'm only eating healthy foods, but gosh, it feels like all I do is eat.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriljoy View Post
I've been craving bean and cheese tacos. Maybe my body's telling me I need more protein?
OMG! That's EXACTLY what I was going to say, LOL! I can't get enough! I was all geared up to eat super healthy but I am craving less than healthy things. *sigh* I did have a nice big bowl of steamed broccoli yesterday though. I really need to get my eating under control. Earlier I couldn't even LOOK at food now I can't get enough!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:06 AM

Hmmm. You know, it just occurred to me that we had stop by the grocery store at 11pm the other night to buy ds some apples, as he could not get them off his mind. Maybe he's having cravings, too!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:07 AM

At least he's craving healthy things!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:10 AM

I've been out of town for the past four days, and the m/s started the same day i left. So since Friday it seems the only thing i could do to feel not nauseous was EAT ?! carbs. lots and lots of carbs. is that normal?? i got back home last night and this morning the scale was +4 (lbs). ummmm...at THAT rate i will be gaining 200 lbs before giving birth. yowzers!!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:32 AM

I'm kind of spoiling myself before morning sickness kicks in, I'm eating some of my favorite foods. Like the cheesecake I had yesterday. I also ate a hotlink which was pretty darn good.

Mostly what I crave (and what I craved with DS) is avocados, I LOVE avocado's. Me and my son eat one everyday..... plain.

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

Old 08-07-2007, 12:15 PM

I would hate to be cliche but PICKLES. Geez louise, I've been eating them on sandwiches and have been rolling them up in cream cheese and a slice of ham. I'm tempted to drink the juice.
Also anything salty or creamy. I've been lovin' teriyaki and cream of broccoil soup and ROLLS.
I ENVY you who crave chocolate, I think my love affair has died out with AF. Juice, applesauce, dried fruit, plain yogurt all taste too sweet for me.

Come back my taste buds, COME BACK!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:24 PM

I'm eating pretty much the same. Actually better than usual because I am determined to gain less weight than I last time. Last night at 11p I had a serious craving for 1.spagetti and meatballs and 2. french fries. Luckily I don't keep any bad food in the house and I was too lazy to make spagetti

Melissa knit.gifmilitary wife to C : Mom to Ben (4.26.06) ,Will (4.07.08), Sam (10.11.10), and expecting a GIRL in March 2013!

Old 08-07-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriljoy View Post
Hmmm. You know, it just occurred to me that we had stop by the grocery store at 11pm the other night to buy ds some apples, as he could not get them off his mind. Maybe he's having cravings, too!
That's cute!
Get him the apples and get some caramel dip for you.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBee View Post
I'm eating pretty much the same. Actually better than usual because I am determined to gain less weight than I last time. Last night at 11p I had a serious craving for 1.spagetti and meatballs and 2. french fries. Luckily I don't keep any bad food in the house and I was too lazy to make spagetti
I'm with you on the eating better part (and on the too-lazy-to-cook-late-at-night part ). I'd like to come out of this pregnancy in better shape than I went into it. Before my first baby I was 105 lbs (at 5'3"); then I was 115 lbs for many years. After #2 and #3, I've been bobbing around in the 120's. Sigh. I'm not overweight, but I can pinch rolls of flab *everywhere*.

Combine my desire to never develop full-blown diabetes with the curious fact that mild undereaters tend to live longer, and I'm all up for jettisoning some flab during this pregnancy!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:39 PM

right now the morning sickness is too bad to even think about food even though it's the only thing that makes me feel remotely better. I've been craving ice water but can only take a sip at a time and between sips it usually gets stolen from me by one of my ds's. I'm having a real hard time with whole grains (ww pasta, bread etc) as the texture feels very gritty and it's hard to swallow.
Raw food feels much better in my stomach than cooked foods which tend to just sit there.
2nd tri come quickly!!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:42 PM

Deleted by user.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:49 PM

I am like a lot of you who are just eating normally. I actually force myself to just cook and eat- between pregnancy and still nursing I know I need to, but nothing ever sounds good. I don't feel bad, just not like eating if that makes any sense!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willemsmamma View Post
right now the morning sickness is too bad to even think about food even though it's the only thing that makes me feel remotely better. I've been craving ice water but can only take a sip at a time and between sips it usually gets stolen from me by one of my ds's. I'm having a real hard time with whole grains (ww pasta, bread etc) as the texture feels very gritty and it's hard to swallow.
Raw food feels much better in my stomach than cooked foods which tend to just sit there.
2nd tri come quickly!!!!
Sorry about the m/s. COME ON 2nd TRI!
My mom had three kids and never had m/s with the first two but couldn't keep down water with her last kid (me). I'm hoping I've inherited some of her luck, I'm hoping I skip that all together. It would make student teaching easier.
It's very doubtful though.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Dh is very excited that I'll be wanting stuff to eat at mid night. With Ds I would crave Waffle House. I'd get dh up at 3am and we'd go to WH eat and then he would go to work. It was also the only thing I could eat that didn't make me want to throw up after. But now that ds is around I don't see us going to the Awful Waffle anytime soon.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:05 PM

"I like the tangy zip of Miracle Whip"... *munches down on a pickle sandwich*
Old 08-07-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linguistmama View Post
I'm eating what I normally eat, but I'm also craving Wendy's! We were doing so well at not getting fast food until this craving.
Uh oh, now my mouth is watering at the mention of Wendy's.

So far I am craving smoothies (bought $10 worth of strawberries and raspberries at Sprouts yesterday b/c they smelled sooooo goooood). I toss in a little flaxseed oil and wheat germ and pat myself on the back for it. I was also craving toffee peanuts but couldn't find them, so I settled for honey roasted cashews and ate almost the whole bag by the time I got home.

I am choking down the last of a box of raisin bran. I love it normally, but right now it is so gross to me, and I had a craving for it last week, so I don't want to waste it. I'm not nauseous yet, but the idea of crunchy is good and mushy is bad.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:55 PM

I have been eating really well lately, keeping a food journal and all that.

Until last night, last night I had a caesar salad and fettucini/proscuitto wrapped BUTTER with a loaf of cheese bread. With about a cup of parmesan. I am so embarrassed.. Im sure in light of shark week my husband was thinking of it as a feeding frenzy but for the past few days I haven't been able to eat much more than a few bites.

I even put butter in the leftovers "in case I wanted it that way" WTF @ me. I'm determined to do much, much better today (and tomorrow and the next 8 mos)

User Tag List