Bought anything yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-07-2007, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone bought anything for themselves or for the baby yet?

So far, I just bought a few maternity pieces, because I lost all the ones I had from my previous pregnancies. : I'm trying to snag deals when they come up. Today I also got the baby it's first toy. It's by Under the Nile. It's a little organic cotton eggplant toy. I really only bought it because I needed to spend $5 more to save over $10 in shipping costs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2007, 03:28 PM

I bought polo shirts in M, L, and XL for school. And a new bra. The medium shirt is pretty tight already. Whew.
I haven't decided if I want to tell my co-op teacher that I am PG yet. I think I'll hide it as long as I can. It is going to be a long 16 weeks!
Old 08-07-2007, 03:29 PM

I haven't bought anything yet, but I'll probably be shopping for maternity clothes in the next few weeks. I always start showing early (9-10 weeks) and when morning sickness starts I can't stand my regular clothes because of the tight waistbands.

We have two kids already, so I *won't* be buying any toys! I will probably buy more cloth dipes though, maybe try something different than the CPFs that are stored in the garage. Whether we buy clothes depends on this baby's gender: girl, no; boy, yes. Plus, the MIL loves shopping for her grandkids, so anything we need, I can just hint to her! LOL
Old 08-07-2007, 03:43 PM

I refuse!
I spent WAAAAAY too much $ on DD when I was Pg and it was SO unnecessary. I think my $ will mostly be spent on books, birth supplies and such. I plan to buy a small assortment of onsies, sleepers cloth dipes etc when jan/feb approaches.

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
Old 08-07-2007, 04:03 PM

Quite a bit!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 08-07-2007, 04:05 PM

I bought a few maternity things.. I love ON's perfect tees and they are 2/$12 and 20% off that if you use an ON credit card.

Stacy ~ Mama to 4 and #5 due in February
Old 08-07-2007, 04:08 PM

I'm still waiting on the red raspberry and nettle I bought last week, as well as the tummy bands. Today I ordered two pairs of maternity pants and two tops. I'm generally very leery of ordering clothes online; I have a hard enough time getting a good fit in stores. But this place delivers really quickly (they'll be dropping them off tomorrow) and will come pick them up if I decide to return them within 14 days. And I don't have to hit the stores (I am *so* not a shopper).
Old 08-07-2007, 04:12 PM

Looking at a modest maternity site, checking out the bellas and the hipsters.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Oops...just saw basically this same thread on the next page! Sorry!

I love Old Navy maternity. They fit well, and you can do a free return/exchange or return them to the store. I refuse to spend a lot of $$ on maternity clothes, since we have a lot of other stuff to buy this time (and pay for the birth). I'm still holding out hope that my lost box of clothes will resurface. And I can't even borrow clothes. My sister had twins last summer, so her stuff is too big. My friend's are either all pregnant or done and have no mat. clothes to loan out.

User Tag List