Excercise? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wondering what the status is on everyone's exercise habits so far. I am a runner and I feel like I need some support from people out there who are in the same boat. Sometimes I get a little nervous running, although I know it is okay and GOOD as long as it doesn't bring me to complete exhaustion, which it never does. I ran in my previous pregnancy all the way up to the day my son was born (right at 37 weeks and he was small...5 lbs 12 oz. so I never felt too big to run). I just get scared, especially right now when everything seems to make me nervous.

Any thoughts out there? How much exercise do you get...what do you do?

I know I spelled "excercise" wrong in my heading...my bad! (I'll chalk it up to "pregnancy brain"!!!")
#2 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 02:57 PM

I was actually thinking about making this post, LOL! I'm going to start getting SOMETHING going. Right now we go swimming alot (2 miles from the ocean!) which is great, but I wanna do more walking & other things too.

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#3 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 03:13 PM

I walk the dog in the mornings, up a big hill, for about half an hour. I also have a horse and I ride about 3 times a week. I rode in my previous two pregnancies until 7 months, when it was finally too uncomfortable. I got back on a week later both times. I'd say, if it's something you're used to, keep doing it. The CNM's I saw in both pregnancies were okay with me riding because it was something I'd been doing for years. One said she was just happy I was getting any exercise at all, so many moms don't.
#4 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 03:23 PM

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me! I do walk my dog, too! 45 min. at the crack of dawn each day.

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#5 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 03:42 PM

I currently do tons of walking and most of the time I'm wearing my 26 pound DS! Other than that I've started prenatal yoga. I really want to stay in better shape this pregnancy than my last. I gained a total of 50 pounds last time (DS was almost 10 pounds at birth) and it took my 9 months to lose it! Which was not cool!!!
#6 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 03:57 PM

I work out five times a week at a womans gym. I run 2 miles and walk (fast) 1 mile on a incline. I also take kickboxing arobics Tu & Th and regular arobic's M,W,F. I stay at the gym about an hour and a half each day. It works out great, Kaden get's to play with other kids there and I get some time to myself.

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#7 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 03:59 PM

I'm not even RESPONDING to THAT! She's clearly trying to show us up! : We should all order pizza & ice cream & stuff & send it to her!

#8 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 04:04 PM

I'm trying to keep up my usual fitness routine, just with less intensity. So that's cardio 3x per week, and weights 2x per week. I'm also going to start prenatal yoga and pilates in a couple weeks. With my last pregnancy I gained weight like crazy in the first trimester so I'm determined to eat healthy and keep active this time.
#9 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 04:06 PM

Geez! WHERE are you people getting this energy?!

#10 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
I'm not even RESPONDING to THAT! She's clearly trying to show us up! : We should all order pizza & ice cream & stuff & send it to her!
Go for it!!! I never said I ate as healthy as I should yummmm pizza!!!

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#11 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 04:07 PM

Gosh, I'm a slacker compared to y'all! I do a power walk - usually 2 miles a day. I *usually* feel pretty good about that.
#12 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrybound View Post
Go for it!!! I never said I ate as healthy as I should yummmm pizza!!!

That's my main focus now, my eating habits...which were REALLY good actually, until I got pregnant! I am craving GARBAGE NOW! Uggh! :

#13 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariM View Post
Gosh, I'm a slacker compared to y'all! I do a power walk - usually 2 miles a day. I *usually* feel pretty good about that.

:
#14 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 06:08 PM

i was running before the heat spell and i wont run preggo so now dh and i are bike riding. we did this with my dd too b/c hen i was preggo with her we lived in korea without a car so had to ride bikes everywhere so i go on a bike ride about 1 time a day now most tiems a few miles to the beach.

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#15 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterGOPI View Post
i was running before the heat spell and i wont run preggo so now dh and i are bike riding. we did this with my dd too b/c hen i was preggo with her we lived in korea without a car so had to ride bikes everywhere so i go on a bike ride about 1 time a day now most tiems a few miles to the beach.
Oh I lived in Korea too, while pregnant with DS in 2005. When were you there and what base? I was at Kunsan and I hope to never see that country again: .

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#16 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 06:24 PM

thats crazy! we were there 2004-2005 at Osan. i actually have good memories of korea minus the smell of fish during the 1st trimester of my pregnancy i lived off base since i techinicaly wasnt allowed there :ninja:

#17 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 06:30 PM

We can say our kids were "Made In Korea"

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#18 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 07:14 PM

#19 of 22 Old 08-07-2007, 10:08 PM

Well, I went to the beach today, wish I could say I excercised, but I just kind'a stood around with a friend while our kids excercised!

#20 of 22 Old 08-08-2007, 12:51 AM

Oh. Yeah. Exercise.

I walk, some. Not as much as I used to. I walk a mile home from my son's school twice a week, with him on my back the whole way (he's 33 pounds last checkup). I walk here and there around the neighborhood, but not NEARLY as much as I did last time I was pregnant.

I definitely want to do prenatal yoga again; that was the BEST. I felt my first kick while in that class! But I just checked the schedule at my YMCA, and the only pn yoga classes are when I'm at work :-(. Bah.
#21 of 22 Old 08-08-2007, 01:25 PM

I've been walking quite a bit since I found out and have been here in Prague- walking everywhere. But no real cardio or exercise. I've been in a bad habit this summer of not getting to the gym as much as I should, but as soon as I get back, I'll be going to the gym at least 3x a week- that's my initial goal. I'm going to do prenatal yoga 2x week starting in my second trimester. And if I can find an outdoor pool, I'll try some water aerobics or something. But I am too afraid of the evil chlorine fumes at our gym's indoor pool. I figure if I can do 3-5x week exercise of some sort, I'll be in OK shape. And I'm going to try to limit my treats to one a day...while I've been here, I've been trying to eat well, but it's hard since I'm away from all the foods I'm familiar with, and don't have my own kitchen, etc., so I've had a bit more chicken schnitzel than I probably ought to...at least it's protein, right?
#22 of 22 Old 08-08-2007, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
I knew someone was going to write this....I'm sorry to make you feel this way. My intention was NOT to show anyone up, but to get support. And by the way, I do eat my fair share of junk food.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page