Anyone else already thinking of names? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 08-16-2007, 11:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We came up with Noah and Sophie at 9 weeks during our last pregnancy. When Noah was born I thought he really looked like a Levi but we'd told everyone it would be Noah so we stuck with Noah.

This time we're going to have several names to choose from when the time comes. I'm hoping if it's a boy Levi will work.
If it's a girl... we're having a really hard time with girl names. Our girl name list is longer than the boy list but only because we're not in love with any of the girl names like we are with all of the boy names (Levi, Sage, Colby, and Reuben).

Sarah, Farmer, photographer, teacher, mother to Noah 05-05-06 and Del 03-27-08 and best friend to Josh 05-29-04.

#32 of 47 Old 08-18-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg784 View Post
We like original old fashioned italian names. DFs last name is Giambattista.

DDs name is Antonia (Toni)
For this one we like Vincenzo(vinnie) for boy and Camilla(cami)for girl.

Thing is DDs name is actually her middle name that we go by, (simple first name, extravagant middle name) we want to do the same with the next but cant think of good first names to go with!

Suggestions!?
I love the Italian names!! We are going with a family name if we have a girl....Vincenza. She will be called Vincie.

It is my middle name and my grandmothers name. The only bad part about it is that people have a hard time pronouncing it even when you speak it for them. So we will mostly use Vincie. I thought about using Vincenzo for a boy. Vinnie is really cute.

I am just really hoping for a girl because DH and I cannot agree on any boy names!!
#33 of 47 Old 08-18-2007, 03:54 PM

On the way home from dinner tonight in the car, the five of us brainstormed boy's names. Luke is emerging as a possibility (funny, since it's actually the masculine form of Lucie, the current girl's front runner). It was so much fun doing this with the kids.
#34 of 47 Old 08-18-2007, 05:43 PM

Loving these names!

I think we're set. Dh is adamant that a boy will be Jacob, after his grandfather, and I'm adding in Joseph for the middle name after dh.

I told mil this morning the names we were thinking of and she loves Nola Rose. Rose was her favorite aunt's name, her mother's sister.

So we have them! This was easier than I thought!
#35 of 47 Old 08-18-2007, 06:05 PM

i love the name forest for a boy but i dont think i can do it b/c of forest gump

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#36 of 47 Old 08-18-2007, 06:35 PM

Today in the pool I think I decided on Molly Grace or Charles Corbin. Hmm, lets see how many times they evolve over teh next 8 months.

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#37 of 47 Old 08-18-2007, 09:44 PM

I'm still getting used to the fact that there is a little one in there as I just found our today, but we've had names picked out for around a year now. It's just a matter of choosing the one that fits.

Girls: Ivy Pearl or Virginia Lucille (after DH's grandmother's)
Boys: McIntire Risner (Dh's grandad), McIntire Luther (both of our grandad's), Or Cratus Everett

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#38 of 47 Old 08-19-2007, 12:32 AM

Girls names are easier for us then boys names. Our daughter, is Lucille Julianne "Lucy". Lucille is a family name for both of us and Julianne is a combonation of my two foster mother's first names: Judith & Joanne.

For boys: Everett, Benson, Jack or Sam are the only agreed upon names for now. I really like Benson, Levi and Joel.
For girls: Anna, Julia, Zoe, Estella and we agree easily on girls so the list is a lot longer then these alone.
#39 of 47 Old 08-19-2007, 12:39 AM

We seem to be able to come up with lots of girls names, but not as many boys. We do already have middle names though, Allen if it's a boy for my father, and Angeline for my DH's grandmother. Both are no longer with us and are the two people that we would have most liked Future Baby to meet...

Sunshine, I had Finn as a possibility too! And Solomon I liked, but I didn't know if it was too many "en" sounds together with "Allen". The girls team is much bigger, but for the life of me, I can't remember a single one right now...I need to write these things down...

Then there's the issue that I never changed my last name, not sure what we're going to there either...

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

#40 of 47 Old 08-19-2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterGOPI View Post
i love the name forest for a boy but i dont think i can do it b/c of forest gump
Me too!!! It pains me, because I love that name so much.

Luckilly we already have our names...

Ariel Elizabeth

and

Benjamin Gregory.

The only name that doesn't run in the family is Ariel, but I have loved it since I was a wee bairn myself and can't imagine not having my daughter named Ariel.
#41 of 47 Old 08-19-2007, 12:02 PM

i know isn't it a gorgeous name? *sigh*

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#42 of 47 Old 08-19-2007, 02:03 PM

Our current chilren are Lily Dianne and Scarlett Jane (middle names have special meaning)

For this baby,
for girls:

Fiona Margaret
Camille Margaret
Clara or Ruby

For Boys:

James Patrick (Jr.)
if twins..... then
Cotter and Henry?
#43 of 47 Old 08-19-2007, 08:27 PM

We picked out Vida for a girl, it is life in spanish. My name starts with a V, as does my middle and my sister's first name. If it's a boy, he will be Julian with Joseph as a middle name. As a former school teacher, Julian was always a great kid. Joseph is for my father's little brother who died as an infant.
#44 of 47 Old 08-19-2007, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willemsmamma View Post
I heard a name today that I fell in love with but dh thinks is stupid: Selah (say-luh) Grace... for a girl.
That is a beautiful name! I love Selah, and paired with Grace...its so sweet! Good luck convincing DH

Our girl name is Cadence Rose. I just love Cadence, and I think Cade is a cool nickname for a girl. I love androgynous names, but DH doesn't - so this is how I'll sneak it in Also, this is silly, but DH is a drummer, so Cadence seems fitting. Rose is my sister's middle name.

Boys names we are still negotiating. I love Grayson (like so many other mamas here!), but DH thinks it could sound like a girl name, which is why I like it (the whole androgynous thing...). I also like Clarke, and so does DH, but we have a new close friend whose name is Clarke. He is an awesome guy, but are trying to decide if it would be too weird to kind of name our babe "after" him, as we haven't known him that long.
#45 of 47 Old 08-19-2007, 10:22 PM

DH shot down every single one of my girl names--Mariah, Scarlet, Lila, Leah, Victoria, Veronica. I am completely stumpted at this point.

For a few hours, we had actually agreed on Evan for a boy....until I realized that our children would be named Evan and Evelyn. Oh, how horribly tacky would that have been?!
#46 of 47 Old 08-19-2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennisee View Post
For a few hours, we had actually agreed on Evan for a boy....until I realized that our children would be named Evan and Evelyn. Oh, how horribly tacky would that have been?!
#47 of 47 Old 08-20-2007, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajean56 View Post
Boys names we are still negotiating. I love Grayson (like so many other mamas here!), but DH thinks it could sound like a girl name, which is why I like it (the whole androgynous thing...).
There are far more boys than girls with the name Grayson, though there are a few of us . Growing up, I was often mistaken on paper for a boy (even got assigned to the boys' dormitory at science camp three years in a row).

I have personally known one other female Grayson (amazingly enough, she lived down the street from me for a few years).

[wanders OT . . . ] Several years back there was an Israeli Grayson (Grayson Levy) who had a web page of Graysons around the world. I was one of only two female Graysons on the page, but what stunned me even more was that there are at least TWO other Graysons in the world who also have my last name.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page