trip to the ER last night. UPDATE POST 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 08-22-2007, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i had a bit of spotting monday and a bit yesterday, which didn't concern me all that much. but then yesterday i had this pain that came and went every few mins all day long (and still today). i worked myself up to believing it was an ectopic pg and decided i better go to the ER, despite the U/S appt i have for this afternoon. so dh and i went to the hospital after we got the boys to bed (friend came and sat with them). it was SO BUSY! we waited for a couple of hours and by the time they got us a room i felt like i shouldn't be there anymore. it just felt...wrong. i imagined them poking and prodding me and introducing all sorts of hospital germs. so we left without being seen. am i crazy? i don't know, but i have an u/s here in a few hours and i'll know something then.

i really think i have lost this baby though. i just don't feel it. i have never had a mc before, so i don't have anything to compare it to, but i just don't think its going to last. i never felt that way with my twins. anyway, i'll update when i get a chance, but in the meantime i would appreciate some positive thoughts. thanks mamas.

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
#2 of 19 Old 08-22-2007, 12:38 PM

and tons of wellwishes! i don't blame you for not hanging around. keep us posted. hang in there.
#3 of 19 Old 08-22-2007, 01:26 PM

Hugs. I had an ER visit myself this past Saturday... Left knowing less than when I went in. I'm waiting for/getting my follow up beta numbers today.

Good thoughts for you & for me.
#4 of 19 Old 08-22-2007, 01:32 PM

Praying everything is great and you have a wonderful appt!

Stacy ~ Mama to 4 and #5 due in February
#5 of 19 Old 08-22-2007, 01:52 PM

Sending positive thoughts and energy.
#6 of 19 Old 08-22-2007, 01:55 PM

Positive thoughts coming your way....

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#7 of 19 Old 08-22-2007, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

eh. im bleeding now. not a ton, but its there, and bright red. not a lot of hope now, but i'll reserve my farewell till i get back from the u/s. thanks for the well wishes, they are much appreciated.

#8 of 19 Old 08-22-2007, 03:23 PM

tons of positive thoughts mama :lovE

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#9 of 19 Old 08-22-2007, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

ok. i don't really know what to think. the u/s showed a yolk sac and that was it. she could see the area where the bleeding was coming from and said everything looked good. but i have been testing postive for over a month, and given that tests don't pick up until at least 3 and a half weeks, well, there is no way im only 5 weeks pg like she estimated. so i have to go have a beta done in the morning and go from there i guess.

any ideas? is there any hope at all that this is a viable pg? i have my doubts, and haven't felt pg since about a week after i tested.

the bleeding and pain have stopped.

#10 of 19 Old 08-22-2007, 06:47 PM

i wish i knew more about this stuff, timing and all that. but i do hope your beta test tomorrow morning goes well. I am glad to hear you're no longer bleeding and the pain has stopped, those are positive signs. keep us posted, you're in my thoughts still.
#11 of 19 Old 08-22-2007, 06:59 PM

How far along do you think you are? I cant do the math in my head very well but I take it you are thinking that you are more along the lines of 1.5months pg? and she is saying what she saw was consistant with 5weeks right?

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#12 of 19 Old 08-22-2007, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post
How far along do you think you are? I cant do the math in my head very well but I take it you are thinking that you are more along the lines of 1.5months pg? and she is saying what she saw was consistant with 5weeks right?
i was thinking i was like 8-9 weeks, but the reason i had the u/s scheduled in the first place was to help determine dates. but i tested positve on july 21st. its been a month. so assuming i was at least 3 weeks at that point, that would put me at 7 at the minimum. so yea, she saw what was consistent with about 5 weeks. so pretty sure its just not been growing. but off to search the net for a glimmer of hope anyway!

#13 of 19 Old 08-23-2007, 08:14 AM

Depending on the quality of the u/s equiptment and the knowledge of the u/s tech there is still hope. Sending sticky vibes to your little one.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#14 of 19 Old 08-23-2007, 08:43 AM

Oh Helen....I'm praying for you. Don't ever give up hope! Sending sticky vibes your way.
#15 of 19 Old 08-25-2007, 12:07 AM

Just wanted to see if you had any more undates to share with us. I've been thinking and praying for you all week. Big hugs, mama!
#16 of 19 Old 08-25-2007, 12:33 AM

Probably a subchorionic bleed. Those usually heal up. nak
#17 of 19 Old 08-25-2007, 10:57 AM

hope you have some good news soon! I know how scary it is with the spotting. thinking of you.
#18 of 19 Old 08-30-2007, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

thank you all so much for your concern. i apologize for not updating. i know i like to know what happens in situations like this, even when the outcome is not so great, as in this case. unfortunately, i had a mc on monday. i suppose i knew it was coming, and to be honest, i was glad to know something, one way or another. i know that sounds awful, but the NOT knowing was eating me up. should i keep hoping? or be prepared for the worst? that sort of thing. anyway, i had my hcg done last thursday and they were 17, 847. and again on monday, before i mc. that one came back at 14,xxx. my mw wants me to get the levels checked weekly until they are less than 5 and then go in for a 'bi-manual' exam to check that my cervix is closed.

this was a surprise pg, and although the timing was not great, we were getting excited about having a baby. i was scared, i have to admit, but i believe things work out. we haven't talked about whether or not we are going to ttc anytime soon. my original plan (though i hadn't actually talked to dh about it ) was to ttc when the boys were closer to 2.5. they will be 2 in oct. im thinking (again, haven't talked to dh ) that maybe in a few months we'll revisit the idea of having a baby.

one thing i am happy about (since im rambling and spilling my guts here anyway ) is that i at least know my body works now. i had to have a lap (for endo) and do injectable fertility meds and IUI for the boys. i was really hoping not to have to do that again, as the prospect of having another set of twins is a bit... yikes!! though i would do so many things differently if it happened. blah blah blah.

thank you so much for the support and concern. it really means a lot to me, and i hate to leave you all. i was really looking forward to getting to know all of you and participating in the swaps (especially the birth beads!!). i know i hated seeing mamas drop out of ddc. it always made me scared i would be next. i hope and pray i am the last one to leave. may you all go on to have happy, healthy and empowering pregnancies and births.

#19 of 19 Old 08-30-2007, 02:24 PM

Thanks for updating.

*sniff* : I'm sorry you're leaving... I hope that when you are ready again, everything will turn out right for you.

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page