have you told anyone? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 08-23-2007, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Only DH, my midwife, MDC, and our good friend in Europe (only because I was staying with them for weeks 4-7). We aren't telling ANYONE else IRL until after 12 weeks. I really need to tell work, but I'm holding out. I've had to outright lie to several people already. I've been avoiding people a bit...

My first midwife appt. is September 17- that's 12 weeks, so I assume after that appt. we'll start telling people. I waited that long for my first appt. because I wanted DH to hear the heartbeat at our first appt. to make it more real for him. There won't be any US or anything, so the heartbeat is all he's getting!
#32 of 41 Old 08-23-2007, 05:20 PM

Everyone I talk to on a regular basis knows. I could never keep a secret this good, so I don't even try. My husband feels the need to tell everyone 10 minutes after the test comes back postive, so I'm not alone in my blabber-mouthiness.
#33 of 41 Old 08-23-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeomom3 View Post
I haven't told anyone irl....not even DH!!! We lost our last one at 15 weeks and I have no confidence that this one will stick. I'm really hoping and praying that it does, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up (not even mine and DH's) until I see a heartbeat on u/s. Even then I know things can go wrong. But last time there turned out to be no baby, only a placenta that gave me all the pregnancy symptoms, including m/s and growing belly.

I am lucky that all my friends and family were very supportive last time we announced we were having #4. I think I will try to wait as long as possible to tell anyone. I have always had very bad morning sickness so it might be hard to hide it as long as I'd like. Anyway, here's hoping that I will be able to tell DH in a few weeks when I've seen a hb!

I'm so sorry for your previous loss I understand why you don't want to get your hopes up quite yet. Obviously its really up to you, but don't you think maybe it might be good to talk to your DH? It is his baby too and you will probably want his support either way. I hope this doesn't offend you, I just think that you sound like you could use some support IRL. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes fine for you!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#34 of 41 Old 08-23-2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgieGirl View Post
It's extremely hard to keep a secret in my family, so everyone and their dog knows. I'm not bothered by it.
It is our first and we were too excited to keep it a complete secret. My mom is so excited since this is her first grandchild that if I didn't stop her I think she would stop people in the middle of the grocery store to tell them she is going to be a grandma! Most of our families know. We have told some of our close friends. I have not told my co-workers yet and do not plan to until after the first u/s at 9 weeks.

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#35 of 41 Old 08-23-2007, 06:35 PM

Since I've "told" MDC, I've told several friends who are members, but I haven't told anyone else IRL except DH. I'm considering telling my brother next week since he will be home from grad school for the last time in months.

I want to wait as long as possible before making the pregnancy public knowledge, but it's getting really hard to hide from people how tired I am. I had to lie to my dad yesterday and tell him that I've been sick. I know family is wondering why I haven't been in the garden in almost two weeks, but I just keep telling them that it's too hot.
#36 of 41 Old 08-23-2007, 11:37 PM

christinespurlock- I'm sorry for your loss. I noticed you are planning an early u/s. I am too. I never had one before, but I'm definitely getting one this time. If this baby doesn't make it I want to know as soon as possible. It was horrible going so long thinking everything was fine.

celestialdreamer- You're right. I probably should tell him. But the m/c was pretty hard on him, too. And his job is really stressful right now. I just don't want to add any more stress or worry to his life right now. And, to be completely honest, I kind of enjoy keeping the pregnancy to myself for at least a little while. I didn't tell dh about #3 or #4 right away either. It's like a delicious little secret between me and baby (and everyone on MDC, but somehow that's different! )

I would love to be able to keep the secret between just me, dh, and baby until 12-16 weeks. But I always throw up 4-5 times a day starting at week 6 and lasting until week 18, so it will be pretty hard to hide it from anyone that knows me. These first couple of weeks are all I have.
#37 of 41 Old 08-24-2007, 12:05 AM

I just found out today and the only person I have told is my sister and her 4 mo old baby. Both are good at keeping secrets. I am going to tell DH over dinner Sat. I want it to be a cool suprise so I am going to get him a baby outfit that says "My Daddy Loves Me" and a book of You Owe Me pregnancy coupons then suprise him with them over dinner. I am also getting my ears pierced. I never had before and have been reluctant to get them done because I would have to stop my aphresis donating for several months. I always said that once I got pregnant I would get my ears pierced since I couldn't donate while pregnant anyway. Hopefully he will get me some nice earings with the appropriate birthstone when our baby is born. I am so excited and it is killing me to wait two more days to tell him. I am the worst at keeping secrets but I will try my hardest to last until then.

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

#38 of 41 Old 08-24-2007, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

:[QUOTE=jeomom3;8982629]christinespurlock- I'm sorry for your loss. I noticed you are planning an early u/s. I am too. I never had one before, but I'm definitely getting one this time. If this baby doesn't make it I want to know as soon as possible. It was horrible going so long thinking everything was fine.

I never had an u/s with my son-I thought they were too intrusive. But after 2 months of holding a baby that has already past in my womb-I am very okay with my 7 week u/s. And if we can't hear the hb at 12 week-another u/s. It will be an emotional day. The only u/s I've seen of a baby of mine was the one that past.:
#39 of 41 Old 08-24-2007, 10:26 AM

, christinespurlock. May your next ultrasound be a joyful experience.

It's amazing how much our past pregnancy experiences can affect choices for the current one. Although I know that miscarriages are common and that I have a very good chance of having a completely healthy and normal pregnancy this time, I really NEED that reassurance of an u/s that shows that there is actually a baby growing in there. I know that some women heard the hb and then lost the baby, so there really is no guarantee. But for me, confirming it early on will be an important step for me to start believing that this one is for keeps.
#40 of 41 Old 08-24-2007, 12:21 PM

told anyone but my husband(and another forum) we lost a pregnancy in may at 12 weeks-very bad bleeding and hospital visit. Very traumatic...I am 7 weeks now so I am hoping and praying that everything is ok-but can't seem to bring myself to really tell anyone yet. I have 4 children and my family is going to be out right livid and cruel when they hear about this one. i just can't face that kind of meanness right now esp. Since my husband dropped it on me a week after we found out I am pregnant that he is moving out. (which means I had to quit culinary school to get a full time job to support my family)
i am so happy about this pregnancy but everything else kinda blows right now.:

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

#41 of 41 Old 08-24-2007, 12:40 PM

We told some people...mainly DH's family and the people that he works with and some friends although I wish we would have kept it a secret from one of them...she said we are dumb to have another one... I can't stand to hear her voice now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page