Things to not do while hormonal... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tonight, I decided to watch Rent. That was a bad idea.

For the record, I"m obsessed with Rent. It's my favorite show, I have it memorized, yadda yadda. I cried today during "One Song Glory," almost cried during "Tango: Maureen" and from "Without You" to the end was constantly in tears. I cried so hard for so long that I almost threw up and I'm lightheaded.

This is a bit abnormal. I've never cried this hard for Rent in my life (and that's saying something).

So, any other "what not to do while hormonal" stories? Please tell me I'm not alone.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#2 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 03:49 AM

Answer the phone. I got snippy with a telemarketer, almost yelled at my dad, and started bawling when my DH told me he had to work late.
#3 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 03:57 AM - Thread Starter

hi Jennissee. I live in Central Illinois too.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#4 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 09:38 AM

Change your hair style!!!

Lori, mom to Elise 6/06, Ivy 4/08 and pos.gif 12/11
#5 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 10:00 AM

haha I can't listen to sad music or watch sad movies.
#6 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 10:13 AM

Um, anything that involves interacting with another person? It feels like 7th grade for me this week. I don't do pregnancy hormones too well.

I'm in the bit**y stage right now... the weepy stage hasn't hit yet. With DD there were a number of weeks where the only safe thing on TV was basketball, otherwise I was sobbing.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#7 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 10:31 AM

Confront someone about something that's bothering you.
#8 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 12:30 PM

Ahh I deleted my post

eksmom " Um, anything that involves interacting with another person? It feels like 7th grade for me this week. I don't do pregnancy hormones too well.

I'm in the bit**y stage right now... the weepy stage hasn't hit yet. "

Sorry its not quoted I deleted it on accident so I had to copy and paste it.

Anyway I was talking on the comp with someone. (Her husband and mine work together and they come over to my house for dinner all the time Also she is 9 weeks prego) Well anyway she was talking about her daughters birthday party and how she is getting lots of beer for it "For the Guys" She said it dosn't really matter because Nikaya will only be 1. Anyway I told her that I dont have beer at my kids birthday parties because This is suppose to be there day and I dont like a bunch of drunks around. Ok now I re read it it does kinda sound rude but I didnt mean it that way. It was suppose to just keep the conversation going. Well anyway she blew up on me and told me not to come to her kids birthday party and started going off about a bunch of stuff saying that my DH said this and my DH said that to hers. OK I know my husband and I know what he will say and wont say so I just went off and so anyway I cant stand her now and she cant stand me now AND
I DONT EVEN FEEL BAD
#9 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 12:37 PM

so in good company~ the "b**chy" stage is here too. I was reading a local paper online and it was interviewing parents about halloween and how the city ruled to actually do trick or treating on the day OF instead of the following sunday, and one mother was complaining about how she prefers it on a saturday because "It's hard to get home in time to get the candy ready." I am like wth? Yes it takes HOURS to take it out of the bag and put it into a bowl! I spent 4 hours on that last year!"

ROFL. right now, even though I have total pregnancy-brain, I get SO shorttempered with STUPID people making STUPID comments. why don't people knock together those two brain cells they have rattling around in their heads, like oh i don't know, maybe ONCE A DAY and either know enough to stfu or say something intelligent?!
#10 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apmama2myboo View Post
Yes it takes HOURS to take it out of the bag and put it into a bowl! I spent 4 hours on that last year!"

ROFL. right now, even though I have total pregnancy-brain, I get SO shorttempered with STUPID people making STUPID comments. why don't people knock together those two brain cells they have rattling around in their heads, like oh i don't know, maybe ONCE A DAY and either know enough to stfu or say something intelligent?!

surromommy2be,

So one rule should be, when we are hormonal we should not talk to other hormonal women? But wait, that kind of defeats the purpose of this DDC...

I just feel like everybody is hassling me and I want to scream at them, "CAN'T YOU SEE I'M A LITTLE BUSY RIGHT NOW GROWING A HUMAN BEING???" Of course most of them don't know and there is nothing to see anyway... Is it unreasonable to get upset at anyone who expects me to do anything while I'm pregnant? :

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#11 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 12:52 PM

I was teaching a group of German exchange students this month, and Monday we had someone come in to talk about Make A Wish Foundation.

I was BAWLING - like snot running down, couldn't catch my breath, bawling. The students were looking at me like, "what is with these Americans..."

So - no watching heartfelt stories about terminally ill kids who have hearts of gold getting their life wish. At least do it in private
#12 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 12:55 PM

Not in your DDC, but . . .

. . . decide to get a tubal or vasectomy.

. . . decide to chop all your hair off/get a drastic haircut/cut your own hair.

#13 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 02:04 PM

You absolutely under no circumstances should watch "Children of Men".

The one thing I allow myself to watch is (of all things) Maury while I'm trying to sleep. For some reason now it's hilarious and when the baby mama and the baby daddy who wants to be the baby daddy find out they are the baby (parents?) and they're all crying and they bring the kid out, oh my. I just let loose. The first night DH woke up and asked me why I was crying and all I said was, "Its a happppyy enddiiiiiiiiiiingggggg!!!" -bawllll-
#14 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 02:25 PM

OH.MY.GOD. I LOVE Rent. LOVE IT! I saw it in Davis, CA and then drove 3 hours to see it in Fresno, CA, bought the movie and cry EVERY TIME, and just got back from going to NYC to see Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal reprise their roles as the two leads. It was so amazing I may never be able to watch it again because I'll be disappointed LOL. I was already pregnant when I saw it in NYC - just didn't know it yet. But I can only imagine what watching the movie will do to me now. I'll probably do it anyway, though

So glad to find a kindred spirit in this regard. You'll appreciate that I got up midway through the movie the last time DH and I watched it, and proceeded to switch discs - twice. DH asked what I was doing. I told him that I was watching the deleted scenes where they belong in the storyline - you just CAN'T watch RENT without October and Goodbye Love - it's impossible!

Lacy 35 and Chris 35, DS Jakob 2, and EDD 1/1/11
#15 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 02:27 PM

I adore rent too...

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#16 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 02:37 PM

The last time I saw Rent I was watching it on my laptop in an airport (with headphones) and this hilarious old guy kept getting closer and closer to me. I thought he was asleep, but he was watching the movie LOL!

It's good for all ages I guess. My grandpa would have yelled at it the entire time, but this guy was all into it (without sound and everything LOL) and thanked me for letting him watch before we boarded the plane. <3

I've been avoiding watching it. If something makes me cry before pregnancy, I don't want to subject myself to that LOL
#17 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 02:43 PM

Go to a funeral When I was pregnant with DS, my husband's grandmother died when I was 5mos pregnant and my grandmother died a few days before my due date. I was actually ok with my grandmother's funeral but I cried like a baby at DH's grandmother's funeral. It was pitiful.
#18 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 03:26 PM

Read threads on MDC.

Read kids books to the kids.

I'm also in the not so nice stage here. Right now I hate my cat... and dog. But the cat got out side the other day and we didn't realize it until the next day and when he came back he came back with fleas. So now I'm trying not to deal with fleas and my flea covered cat, and I don't want to get those nasty chemicals to put on him. So gross. So he has been locked up in our bathroom most of the time and it is so gross right now the only time I go in there is to shower.

Our dog keeps getting out of the fence so we have her tied up and she keeps getting her self tangled up and grrrrrrr she just makes me want to scream.

Ds well he is ... I love him but I just want to put him in a sound proof room that is padded nice and soft and leave him for a little while... but I don't think that is very ap is it? But if he would just listen to me!

My house is a mess because of ds and I can't clean it because if I move to much I want to throw up... so it is making me want to cry and then scream and then cry some more.

I'm a mess.
#19 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, I am so jealous! I wanna go see Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal. I think I would then die happy. Alas, I don't have that much money to blow (I live in Illinois). Can they please come to Chicago?

I can add another thing to the list; I'm a shelver at the library and read the back of a movie about a mom and kid getting reunited. I almost started crying at work.

#20 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 03:49 PM

oooh, I have one!

Don't discuss wedding pictures. This came up at work yesterday... One of the guys that works there is an amateur (with professional aspirations?) photographer, and is going to do some shots for christmas cards for the organization. So, I said something about this, and one of the women I work with said, "So long as you catch him in a good mood..." and proceeded to explain how the same guy was supposed to take photos at her wedding, but then didn't show up!

OMG... so, trying to make her feel better, I told some horror stories about wedding photographers that totally messed up the event. ;-) But then I had to tell her about my wedding photographer... who was the grandson of a good friend of my dad's, and in addition to being totally invisible but EVERYWHERE getting great shots, also went around the back to the sign-in table, and got this amazing photo of the portrait of my dad at the entrance (he died about a year and a half before the wedding), with the ceremony in the background. As I'm describing this, I started to totally tear up... and I haven't told anyone at work I'm pregnant yet!
#21 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 03:53 PM

Dont talk to husband.. I told him I wanted to start having symptoms so this pregnancy seemed more real and he said 'you've been really bitc#^y lately, I'd call that a sign' .. he is lucky to be alive, but I think he will sleep on the sofa again tonight :
#22 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
hi Jennissee. I live in Central Illinois too.
Cool. Whereabouts? I'm about 20 miles southeast of Decatur.
#23 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunipersMom View Post
Dont talk to husband.. I told him I wanted to start having symptoms so this pregnancy seemed more real and he said 'you've been really bitc#^y lately, I'd call that a sign' .. he is lucky to be alive, but I think he will sleep on the sofa again tonight :
yeah they don't GET IT. like i was sick as a dog before I even peed on the stick, and I told dh how miserable I was and after about 2 days of my various "ugh i am SO sick.." complaints, I was told, "You WANTED THIS, remember!" like YES that is the PERFECT time to throw that into my face isn't it? when i'm glowing from the backsplash of morning sickness delight?! :
#24 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Better yet, just don't look at him.: My poor fil, he's visiting at the wrong time! I really shouldn't be around people right now.
#25 of 31 Old 08-23-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
yeah they don't GET IT. like i was sick as a dog before I even peed on the stick, and I told dh how miserable I was and after about 2 days of my various "ugh i am SO sick.." complaints, I was told, "You WANTED THIS, remember!" like YES that is the PERFECT time to throw that into my face isn't it? when i'm glowing from the backsplash of morning sickness delight?! :
Oh, can I just make y'all jealous?

Every time I complain about pregnancy symptoms, my DH says, "I'm sorry." Why? Because "Well, *I* got you pregnant." Never mind that it was planned out between the two of us, not entirely his idea at all... ;-)
#26 of 31 Old 08-24-2007, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemiola View Post
Go to a funeral When I was pregnant with DS, my husband's grandmother died when I was 5mos pregnant and my grandmother died a few days before my due date. I was actually ok with my grandmother's funeral but I cried like a baby at DH's grandmother's funeral. It was pitiful.
Oh I got this one Today I had to go to a funeral for a still born. A guy my DH works with lost his little girl.

Quote:
LOl this is so my husband although last night he was a good man he wanted a lilttle and I wanted fast food criss cut fries so we made a deal and at 10:30at night he went and got me some yum

Quote:
LOL my last pregnancy with my son I was caring twins at first and man oh man was my MS bad well My DH and I hadnt been together for that long and I'm the only person he has ever been with Well Also he is really shy about his body because he used to weigh 315 then he went down to 185 by the time we met so he was still really shy about his body and as soon as he took his shirt off to come to bed one night I started getting really sick and so he felt so bad he still teases me about it
#27 of 31 Old 08-25-2007, 03:40 PM

Teach elementary school.

Wait, crap, that's my job.

I've spent the last week doing a lot of teeth-clenching and counting-to-ten in my head.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#28 of 31 Old 08-25-2007, 04:39 PM

DH is having a blast telling our friends and family about me BAWLING watching "Unaccompanied Minors." Something about overweight children being made fun of...I think it's the second time he's seen me cry!
I hadn't thought of it, but I will definitely be steering away from Rent!
#29 of 31 Old 08-25-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Are we married to the same guy???
#30 of 31 Old 08-25-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post
Teach elementary school.

Wait, crap, that's my job.

I've spent the last week doing a lot of teeth-clenching and counting-to-ten in my head.
OR middle school.
My 5th hour is the worst. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page